National Currency (What's your city?)

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by camlov2, Jul 10, 2012.

1. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ed221

ed221 Member

new york bill.jpg

Here is my $20 New york bill

4. ed221

ed221 Member

Sorry for the bad pic.

5. Thrill21

Thrill21 New Member

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I have a hard time putting prices on Nationals as many of these have very few to exist.
    This one has 3 1929 in the data. None show have to been sold since 2007. One sold for $300 in 1997 and 2 in 2007 for $431 and $1031. None of those 3 are this one.
    But how do you really put a price on something that there is only 3. Plus one only comes up for sale every 4 years.
    Anyway, I hope this helps.

7. Thrill21

Thrill21 New Member

That helps. Thanks for the response!

8. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I found the other half of my town for Peoria Illinois. I'm at the FUN convention in Orlando. I still haven't run across my large size National for Batavia Illinois. I still have 2 days to go. with this many dealers present, you can use the full four days for searching. I'll post a picture of the note when I return. For those who saw or know her, the Penny Lady says hello. I'm also looking forward to meeting Doug, our moderator, tomorrow.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

9. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I just picked up my 1929 small National from Peoria Illinois, which matched my charter number on the Large sized National from the FUN Convention. The bill is in BU Condition. I was going back and forth on price with a dealer in Chicago. It took 2 weeks of counter offers and I finalized the deal at 33% off his asking price. This will close out my hunt for the city of Peoria. I still need my large size Batavia Illinois note. Last week, I was sniped on the Heritage site by $5.00 on one, although no one knows the actual highest bid he offered. Once I get it, I will be looking for the city of Milwaukee Wisconsin; another location I once lived in. Camlov2, you can add the changes to your want list if you will. Thanks.

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Was able to score another large size Tampa note. My first large charter 4949.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Nice National Steve! At first glance i thought the paper color and condition would at least give it a grade of the lowest end of very fine. But am surprised to see it didn't get a net for the stains on the back. If thats what they are??

12. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I picked up this small National for Milwaukee Wisconsin. The large note from Milwaukee should not be as hard to find as that Batavia Note. Many more chartered banks to pick from. There is one from West Allis on eBay, the exact suburb I lived in. For the price it's selling for, I'll wait and see if I can find one in better condition. If it is still available after a month or so, I might make a lower priced offer even though the seller has it listed as a BIN. They sometimes will reconsider if there is no action on their listing.

Attached Files:

13. Waynesboro, PA

My birthplace.

14. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

I remember searching the closest areas that issued notes by where I am. I think they are Flushing and Whitestone in New York. Supposedly they are both extremely rare.

Draft saved Draft deleted