National Currency (What's your city?)

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by camlov2, Jul 10, 2012.

1. camlov2

camlov2 Member

Not sure if it exists. In the kelly book it lists how many bills were released from each bank but {{unreported}} if none of those notes are known today. The fact that the Charter number for New Hobbs isn't listed in the book probably means that they didn't release notes. This is just a guess since I thought the charter numbers were only given to banks that did release bills.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

if i find one, awesome. if not, oh well. artesia, carlsbad, roswell, portales, and clovis will move up higher on my list.

4. camlov2

camlov2 Member

5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

And we just did again... didn't realize it was you until I saw the PayPal confirmation... always a pleasure!

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I'm still trying to get every state and that is a bit of a tougher one.
    Not as tough as PR though :p

7. WRSiegel

WRSiegel Freshman

Anyone ever seen any for Wilmette, IL or Evanston, IL?

8. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Wimette has 25 known and Evanston has 3 banks with 1 none reported, 1 with 1 known and the last at with 10 known.

9. camlov2

camlov2 Member

denly's has two Utahs right now. (I'm sure you already know this)

10. WRSiegel

WRSiegel Freshman

Thanks! Sounds like they'll be hard to find

11. camlov2

camlov2 Member

Wilmette shouldn't be quick but could be done within a few years if you check the major auctions/ebay frequently. Wilmette has had 3 bills sell through Heritage Auctions in the last 5 years.

I have been collecting Chico notes for about 3 years, I have picked up one note from a bank with 17 known and 4 notes from a bank that only has 31 known.

12. camlov2

camlov2 Member

executivecoin.com has notes from

Batavia
    Massillon
    Johnston
    Lewiston
    Dallas
    Chester (pa)

Make your own decisions regarding price-
    They also have a Chico but at $600 that is twice what the kelly book estimates for value (and over twice what I paid for my last note).

13. reiljj00

reiljj00 Junior Member

for MEC Chester NY

These are my hometown notes. All are scarce, but the red seal is one of only two known. Thanks for looking, John

Attached Files:

14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Sweet merciful Jesus, I should have Scotchguarded my chair... those are awesome Chester notes.

15. reiljj00

reiljj00 Junior Member

sorry if it caused a mess, I sent you a PM.

16. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up on the Batavia note. Unfortunately it is the large size I am missing. I appreciate the effort.

17. RedSeals

RedSeals New Member

Looking for Alexandria, VA notes here.

18. camlov2

camlov2 Member

denlys of boston has a Alexandria VA note. Not cheap for the condition though.

19. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Thanks camlov, but they want a little too much for those notes compared to what Heritage has had on in hte past year. I think I will wait.

20. camlov2

camlov2 Member

I figure most of the bills I will find will be overpriced (I know they are for mine). I also know that many will be the wrong type/bank number/denomination based on what everyone is looking for. But... I will still post any I find incase we find a winner for someone.

21. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

I see Heritage has a Johnstown $100 for opening bid of $150. that rust stain is just too distracting though...

Draft saved Draft deleted