My first attempt at scanning some notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jmf2737, Apr 1, 2011.

1. ronterry

ronterry New Member

I think blaming hardware for counterfeiting is a garbage!!! Akin to blaming the folk for obesity!!!
    Defeating Abode's anti-currency loading is actually very easy... Even the newest versions... Didn't know that scanners had anything to prevent scanning of Currency? Sure it's not the software used with the scanners?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Okay here are my scanning experiments on Commemorative Panel CP196 (Metropolitan Opera). The first close-up was originally scanned at 200 dpi, the second at 400 dpi, then both reduced to 72 dpi using Photoshop. I included the male figure, since his background shows the moire even more prominently. But it disappears at 400.

Next I need to see if I can get rid of the reddish banding that I'm getting. But that's only with extreme close-ups.

Attached Files:

4. krispy

krispy krispy

Fantastic portraits on that Met Opera panel!

5. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Starting to appreciate the panels, eh, Chris? ;)

Here's a tighter close-up of the gypsy girl. I enhanced the midtones in Photoshop to bring up some of the finer lines. Scottishmoney, it's interesting to compare these vignettes. I'm almost thinking the portrait on the Mexican note was entirely re-engraved.

Attached Files:

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Yes, especially since I enjoy the opera and have seen several at the Met.

Draft saved Draft deleted