More uninspring Miltary commems in the Pipeline

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrbrklyn, Jul 3, 2012.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

It's boules.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. areich

areich America*s Darling

Interesting. Is that one of the cities small internal squares?

4. areich

areich America*s Darling

or Boule according to that website. It is always interesting to me that many of the new people to the Borough believe that Greenpont, Cobble Hill and Williiamsberg is the greater part of the city. ROLF

5. krispy

krispy krispy

Well, if you're going to point out the spellings of things and express your depth of being a "New Yorker" then you'd best get cracking on spelling those neighborhood names correctly, that's, Greenpo"i"nt and Williamsb"u"rg!!! :thumb:

It also shouldn't come as a surprise to you the tendency of city residents throughout the five boros, life long residents and new-comers alike, to fiercely prefer the turf where they've settled.

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Hey Chris,

Since you've become the native speaker for all things Europe :)

Can you explain to me what the heck this is from the Slovokian Mint?

http://www.mint.sk/nakup_info.php?code=671165

7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

If you collect modern European coins, you cannot really help learning a little about the pieces, whether one actually buys them or not ... And no, I do not speak Slovak or Polish. But that piece is neither military related nor is it a coin. :D (Have I ever mentioned the term "thread drift"?) It is a silver medal, designed by Milan Kožuch and made by the Kremnica mint, that you can give to somebody who has his 50th birthday.

Christian

8. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

<CLEARING THROAT>

You can't give that coin to anyone on the 50th birthday that I know. Maybe their 18th birthday.

9. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Others might say that we should return to the topic, and post our Brooklyn/Bastille and Milan Kožuch medal comments elsewhere. What do you think? :cool:

Christian

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

What do I think? I think your trying to get out of explaining that coin.

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

"That coin"? Which of the military commems do you mean?

Christian

12. areich

areich America*s Darling

Slovakia has some catching up to do. I'm sure their women-folk will help them make the transition.

13. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Or os that the natural order of things reasserting itself?

Draft saved Draft deleted