Medals & Token subforum?

Discussion in 'Support and Feedback' started by LostDutchman, Jan 5, 2012.

1. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Moderator Moderator

I find myself posting tokens and medals in either the US coin or world coin section depending on where they are from... how about a subsection for Tokens & Medals?
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I like your idea Matt, but I'm not sure there's enough interest for a seperate forum just for tokens and medals. I collect both so would welcome it. I think it might get more collectors to post their pieces who now hesitate because they're not sure where to post them or how high the interest level is among members. Good idea!

Bruce
  4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Insert Cool Title Supporter

I kind of agree that there might not be much activity in such a forum. It seems that there are 2 types of posting about tokens. One type is from members who know about and collect tokens...which is fairly rare around here. The other (and much more common) is by new members who have a "coin" (token) that they want to know about. They will always post in the coin sections because they believe what they have is a coin.
  5. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Moderator Moderator

There are some pretty advanced Karl Goetz token and medal collectors on the internet forums. I honestly think it will get more traffic and prove to be more interesting then you think.
  6. USS656

USS656 Moderator Moderator

I actually think more people post in the "What's it Worth" section. There are some great collectible tokens and there is no-one section at CoinTalk that focuses on them. I think it's a good idea but I am not sure how much traffic it would get. I think people like to pick them up when they see something they like, but do they spend enough time researching them first? A dedicated section would help these part time collectors come together and might spark more focus on learning?
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball Cannot Re-Member