Low Ball Walker

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by bsowa1029, Mar 27, 2014.

1. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I have a very heavily circulated Walking Liberty half. It's definitely lower than the AG03 that's shown on the PCGS Photograde app so I'd say it's either a 01 or 02.
    Does anyone know what it might be worth if it graded at PCGS or NGC?

I'll add pictures when I get home from work.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Which year and mint?

4. bsowa1029

Yeah that might be important.
    It's a 1942 P

5. TIF

TIF Always learning.

In my haste to ask the year and mint I didn't even really think about the question.

I believe the answer is: the cost of slabbing exceeds any realistic sales price.

Just to be sure, I checked PCGS's Coinfacts and there are a few slabbed AG3s reported for both PCGS and NCG. No price history from sales is shown though. I guess no one is interested in a slabbed common date low grade Walker. Go figure ;)

If it truly is a PO1 you may find some interest from lowball enthusiasts. Still hard to imagine it bringing enough to recoup the cost of slabbing.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Could be popular for a low ball set.

7. bsowa1029

So here it is. I know it may look like a no date but the is a two visible there and it's in the ones place for the date. There were no 1922 or 1932 Walkers minted so it can only be a 1942.
    I know there are a few rim dings but it appears to be natural wear from circulation and has toning consistent with a coin thats been in circulation. lowball walker.jpg lowball walker2.jpg

8. TIF

TIF Always learning.

That is really pretty cool :) If it wasn't that particular date it wouldn't be verifiable.

Draft saved Draft deleted