Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

Received this one in the mail yesterday. The seller had REALLY BLURRY pictures, so it was a pleasant surprise to see that the coin was indeed MS. I gleaned a little info about the grading Co. from an old post by Conder, but I guess not much is know about "ICI". Neat large slab though, a fun addition.
    DSCF9451r.jpg DSCF9448r.jpg DSCF9455.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Traz

Traz Card counter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About 6 or so more but the '57 has got to be a highlight. Any guesses on the grade!?

4. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

Here's a total stab in the dark...

PR66

MS64+

Nice pair, by the way! :thumb:

5. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Here's my latest . It's a F-90/360 graded MS-65 RB by NGC .
    [TABLE="class: ncode_imageresizer_warning"]

[TD="class: td1"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: td2"]Click this bar to view the full image.[/TD]
    [/TABLE]
    [​IMG]
    [TABLE="class: ncode_imageresizer_warning"]

[TD="class: td1"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: td2"]Click this bar to view the full image.[/TD]
    [/TABLE]
    [​IMG]

6. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Traz.... Again you pop in with beautiful pieces. Both are 66s in my opinion.

7. rzage

lol :)

8. TexasJarhead

TexasJarhead Junior Member

Another one for the Dansco.

1883 Obv 497 x 500.JPG 1883 Rev 497 x 500.JPG

9. Traz

Traz Card counter

Thanks! The nickel is a pr67 pcgs cac and the double is a ms66 pcgs/cac also. The double is gorgeous and I ended up paying a pretty crazy premium for it. I am not sure how pcgs handles gold foil shipwreck coins for regrading and imagining but I'm going to be sending it in. There are some other beauties too I will post later. :)

10. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

So as an update, I just purchased 4 more of these lots from the same seller for a total of $20. I just wonder what other beauties I can find... :cool:

11. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

Oh gosh, I feel as though I've insulted your coin... :eek:

It's stunning, I just didn't see it as a "gem" at first glance I guess... :foot-mouth:

12. Traz

Traz Card counter

13. Joshycfl

Joshycfl Senior Member

14. rzage

15. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Picked this up last week.

[​IMG]

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That is just simply gorgeous!

What's the diameter of the medal, Brandon?

17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

A new Buff arrived today to add to the herd :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

My fiance' picked this 1879 S up for me for Christmas. I just got it yesterday. Does she have a good eye or what?

IMG_1140.jpg IMG_1141.jpg

19. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Wow, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

20. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

Just got grades and TrueView photos back from PCGS on Wednesday.

This 1959, which graded PR66RB, is a super rarity for color -- 1959 is one of the toughest years to find colorfully-toned in the Proof Lincoln series. I have no idea why PCGS put an RB on this one, it's clearly a BN with no original mint fresh copper color displayed. When I first saw this 1959 raw, I thought that perhaps the soft blue color might have been residue from an old dip. So I submitted this Secure Plus so it could be sniffed for illegal chemicals. Obviously it passed. I was tempted to give this a soak in acetone to remove anything that might be on the surface of the coin before submitting; but now I am glad I didn't mess with it.

[​IMG]

The 1963, less rare than the 1959 for color but another difficult year, graded PR67RB. This one actually has a tiny bit of copper color (reverse top), so I will let PCGS's RB designation slide. This 1963 is the first PCGS graded Lincoln Proof that I have seen with silver toning blending softly into other toning colors without hard borders (smooth transitions of color always adds to visual appeal IMHO). I have seen other Lincoln proofs with silver toning but all the ones I've seen (til now) were either solid silver on one side, or had a hard border of silver to copper. I thought for a while that silver color on a Lincoln was really simply zinc that hadn't been mixed properly in the 5% zinc, 95% copper alloy -- but that's clearly not happening here.

[​IMG]

21. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Coin isn't pretty although the reverse design I kinda like. Issued to celebrate the 75th year of the Royal Covenant Netherlands Antilles 1979. It's ex jewelry so rough shape but I bought it for the bullion value .0972 AGW/3.02 grams pure gold not its numismatic value and I got it at barely any premium :D.

DSCF4962.jpg DSCF4963.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted