Just picked up some GEMS, tell me your favorite...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by stella, Mar 28, 2009.

1. stella

stella The Myth

thx gem i just ordere a book, i picked up a couple hundred of these bust halfs this weekend. i bought someones entire collection...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. claycad

claycad Junior Member

True. I just recently became a more serious coin collector, but the funnest thing for me has always been finding that I got a Lincoln wheat ears cent in my change at the store. I've always enjoyed the Whitman coin folders and trying to fill them with just change I get back from stores.

When I think of coin collecting, I always remember that scene from "Throw Momma from the Train" where Danny DeVito is showing off his coin collection to Billy Crystal, and they are all just ordinary coins, but each one has is a special memory. That's coin collecting.

4. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Nothing wrong with nickels. Some folks have $7,000 to spend when they go to a coin show and some have $50. I'm not rich but I don't care. If I can make it through the summer without getting laid off, it will be a blessing. I'll worry about spending more on coins once the future is more certain. You can buy some really nice nickels :D

Until the, just marvel at the collection of those much better off...its fun to see how those with the funds spend their money.

5. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

Nice coins, your collection is literally growing exponentially. My favorite is still the St Gaudens double eagles.

6. Love the bust coinage.

7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Some very nice coins!!!!!

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

They're all pretty cool, but I'm a sucker for big gold, and the Lib double eagle stands out!

9. stella

stella The Myth

thanks to all, and its NVER about money, its about our love for the history of these coins... thats a true "coin head"..

10. PersianGuy

PersianGuy my.will.is.good

:bigeyes:

must be nice to have that sort of money....

They are amazing, and The Saint Gaudens are definitely my favorite.

This is a coin I have lusted after since childhood. I even asked for one for my birthday one year. Instead I got a $5 1911 Eagle. Hardly a satisfactory substitute...

I am seven shades of green

but congrats in any case!! just.beautiful

11. Dima

Dima Member

Those are all beauties - congrats on a great find!!

Sure puts my SBA and Ikes to shame :goofer:

12. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

pick only one ?

Do I have to pick only one? Assuming they are genuine (they look genuine) I like the 07-P and the 25-S.

13. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

It's all good

Some of us could post a nice 1913 T1 Buffalo nickel and there are at least 5 others that could post a 1913 Liberty nickel. It's all good.

Very best regards,
    collect89

14. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Great coins! I like em all. Draped bust are neat too!

15. guysmy

guysmy New Member

fantastic double eagle. you are lucky to have such stellar gold.

16. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

Right-o.

17. stella

stella The Myth

thanks guys, go check the new threads i got some new stuff

Draft saved Draft deleted