just ordered my 2013 W reverse proof gold buffalo!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by ponderossa, Aug 16, 2013.

1. ponderossa

ponderossa Junior Member

I ordered the 2013 W Reverse proof gold buffalo from the US MINT. I got my order in before they raised it $50. I'm super excited to get it and it's my first gold coin for my collection!! I'm probably going to be sending to NGC for grading. I have the 2013 West Point silver eagle set in a PCGS 70 grade. Can't wait to see that reverse proof buffalo and hope I get a 70 grade!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

I briefly owned 3 of them today. At the ANA show, dealers were offering a profit of $200 per coin. My wife volunterred to stand in the 3 hour line at the mint booth to buy our limit of 3 coins. 5 minutes later we had a check in hand, $600 richer. I kinda wanted to keep one, but didn't.

They were pretty cool looking. Definitely a bigger RP effect than the 2006 RP AGE.

4. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

That's a good one to start with.

Here's one to keep you company until yours ships, not mine by the way. z.jpg

5. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

who still thinks this is a good coin for the long term?

6. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

The regular 2013 Proof is the lower mintage at 18,594 vs. 47,936 of the RP !

100_4650.jpg 100_4651.jpg

7. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

you can still get the RP at great collections in the mint box or a MS69 for the original $1640 mint price. several of each if you want. for now the market is over supplied.

8. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I don't. I'm going to get one down the road on the secondary market. The majority of the moderns can be picked up cheaper with some patience. It's a beauty though.

9. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I was in my local shop this week and they quoted some one $1360 as they were looking to sell. What is the going price on these over spot right now?

10. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

I think that's a good price. I haven't checked ebay in a while but the cheapest I've seen is at the issue price-so far

Draft saved Draft deleted