Just got back from the coin show, got questions.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by AdamL, Jul 23, 2006.

1. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Just got home from a great coin show. I bought alot of stuff, including some foreign coins out of the bargain bin. I'm wondering about several of them, and you folks have been very helpfull with my past questions. So:

1. German coin from 1943. It has a big "50" in the middle of the reverse. And it says "reichspfenning" above that. Is it 50 pfennings?

2. I'm pretty sure this one is from Ireland. One side has some kind of fish, and says "10p". The other side has what looks like a harp, and says "eire" and the date which is 1994. Whats that?

3. One side has pictures of 3 crowns like royalty wear, and says "5" at the top, and "FEM ORE" at the bottom. The other side has what looks like another crown, and says the day, 1942, and "MED FOLKET FOR" "FOSTERLAND". I think its 5 ore, and its from Sweden, but I'm not sure. Whadda ya think?

And 4. Its from Thailand. It is silver in color around the ages, and golden in color in the center. The back has some weird thing I don't know how to describe. The front has the face of a man wearing glasses. On the holder it came in, the guy I got it from has written "THAILAND" "KING'S 72d BIRTHDAY" "1999" and "Y-350". Anybody know what that one is.

I'm sure somebody knows something. So, thanks in advance. You guys are awesome!
    -Adam

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

4. ajm229

ajm229 Lincoln Cent Collector

1. 50 pfennings from the Greman Reichs in 1943 (hence, reichpfennigs!)

2. 10 pence from Ireland

3. 5 Ore from Sweden

4. Some denomination of Thai Baht. If you post a pic, we can ID the denomination. Evidently, the person you bought this from identified it as being a commemorative issue of the Baht in 1999 for the king's 72nd birthday.

~AJM

5. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Y#350 is the Krause number for your 10 Baht dated BE2542 (1999). There were 10,000,000 minted with brass centers and a cu-ni outer ring. It's 26mm, with sections of reeding alternating with plain sections of the edge.

The 2006 Krause values it at $1.75 Unc., and doesn't give a value for any lower condition. Unfortunately, Krause doesn't describe the reverse, but it appears to be a stylized pagoda, with an image of the Buddha inside.

6. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Cool. Thank you both very much. I'm glad you knew about the Thai one satootoko, so I didn't have to post pics. My camera sucks.
    Anyway, your description of the 10 baht coin sounds right. I think it IS a stylized pagoda. I paid 3 bucks for it, in BU.

7. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

AdamL,there was a commemorative Thai 10 Baht that was issued in 1996 for the King of Thailand's Golden Jubilee.This has the Thai Coat-of-Arms on the reverse,& the King's portrait is facing forward,as opposed to the profile on the normal 10 Baht.

The 1943 50 Reichsphennig is actually a coin of Nazi Germany.

Aidan.

Draft saved Draft deleted