is this Ebay coin a real DDO / DDR ????

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by rascal, Aug 21, 2013.

1. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Hey coin talk members is this Ebay coin a DDO / DDR ? I talked to the seller and he or she still is convinced they have this listed right. the said check my feedback , I did and they only had 55 feedbacks and 2 was negatives. I got to looking and darn if they haven't already sold 2013 dated nickels, dimes and the cents as DDO / DDRs . can anyone see anything that looks remotely like a DDO or DDR on this coin. click on this Ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321190701586&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

I see nothing that indicates a DDO or a DDR on the linked coin.

4. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

I'm with you here . I can't see anything good either. if this seller thinks everything is a doubled die like some other sellers do this is just horrible because new collectors will believe them.

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

No DDO/DDR that I can see. Just a rip off.

6. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Agreed...

7. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

non cents if you want to see something really amazing and unbelievable click on the link on this sellers auction page where it says see other items.

8. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

The emperor's new clothes.

9. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

I ran into that guy a week or two back. He should be kicked off ebay. Just about everyone he had listed were listed as DDO/DDR coins. What a joke...but not a funny one!

10. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

That DDO / DDR caught my eye and caused me to check out his auction page. DDOs / DDRs are scarce and I figured something wasn't right. Ebay needs to hire someone to help clear out the junk.

someone on Ebay has a darn old wore out wheat back cent they swear has a extra ear on the back of Lincoln's head. this thing has been on Ebay probably more than three years , the seller has come down from 3000.00 to I believe it was 800.00 the last time I saw it.I tried to tell him it was just damaged but he thinks for sure it is the most awesome error coin ever. I bet some CT members have seen this one.

jloring likes this.
  11. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

EBay has done a fair job at weeding out fakes and unmarked replicas, often depending on the CFe group or knowledgeable members to assist in the "weeding out" process. However, I find the subject of this thread (along with the thousands of false "error" or variety listings) just as disturbing... and possibly more so, as identifying certain errors takes a skill set that I, along with many other casual collectors, have not mastered. I personally have no desire to collect these type of coins.. but for the those that do, especially the new or inexperienced collector, eBay is a feeding ground for the disposal of every non-error and PMD'd coin in the seller's "collection".

rascal likes this.
  12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Just another ebay dreck seller and really no different than the guys who buy details slabs and crack them to sell raw. As long as the coin is in the holder, any idiot can avoid, but once removed it's open game. Why work for the knowledge/ability/skill to do it right when you can just burn fools?

rascal likes this.
  13. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

You sure are right about this. some people are selling their pocket change as error coins.when I can I try to help Ebay weed out the fake error coins and the non - error coins that are labeled as errors. when one seller is banned or warned it looks like 3 more replaces them.

14. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I jump on ebay once in a while to see if there are new errors...excuse me "legit errors" and think this might be the guy that I see selling 2013 d cents that have die deterioration as ddo's

15. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

16. 19Lyds

rascal likes this.
  17. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Thanks 19Lyds , I have also asked Ebay to ban this seller. the problem with sellers doing this is the fact they are preying on the new and beginning error coin collectors. when they learn later on that they got scammed this sometimes causes them to lose interested in coin collecting. Ebay has become a lot better place since folks have been reporting some of the corrupt sellers and got them banned. I hope a few other CT members will also report this seller too Ebay.

18. 19Lyds

If they are serious about coins, then getting scammed won't chase them away for long. I got scammed once and it did not discourage me, it actually encouraged me to start learning about what I was buying.

This particular seller has some serious issues.

19. 19Lyds

eBay sent an email asking me to call. I tried calling but evidently ebay is having some "difficulties" today with "key areas" of the site and the wait time was estimated at 18 minutes.

I'll try later.

20. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

If you get to talk to someone tell them that I'm also with you on this. I have seen many unusal sellers on ebay and this is the most unusal one yet. all the junk the seller has is just normal pocket change. the Wisconsin quarter someone has already put a bid on it. if it is a extra leaf die gouge coin I sure can not see the gouge.

I agree with you that this seller has serious issues . the emails I received from the seller didn't make any common sense at all , I couldn't make out half of what he was trying to say. maybe this a drug addict and needing money for another fix.

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for many years until I had to quit selling because of a serious illness , I'm going to try to start selling again before long. I still buy a few things and I hate it when some goof off tries to ruin it for everyone.

21. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Ha ha...what a coincidence...

I was looking at one of this seller's items labeled as a DDO/DDR...a 1977 Kennedy Half. He has two of them listed, at my last count. ALL the photos are blurry. I sent him an email requesting some in-focus ones...he sends me pretty much the same pictures, along with some newer shots that are even blurrier than the rest.

I reply, saying that the photos are still blurry and I'm going to have to hold off on the coin without some good reason to take a chance...seller responds with disbelief that I can't see the doubling in the photos as they're perfectly clear on his phone, with which he took the photos...

At this point, I'm just rolling my eyes...but to me, there's nothing that screams fraud with this, just really, really poor listing skills. If someone wants to take a chance...there is always Buyer Protection. But I personally won't tie up my money for a couple weeks over this...

Draft saved Draft deleted