I'm glad it's over!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cpm9ball, Oct 27, 2011.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Wouldn't they still show up in the "Recent Threads"?

Chris

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

True enough..

4. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Maybe you missed the part about it being "JUST MY OPINION". I'm entitled to it just as you are. If you want to collect ASEs, go for it. I find them boring, and completely lack of any history or utility. That is your prerogative, and I need not "open my eyes" to anything for you to do whatever you want.

5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Interesting, I wonder why Peter or the moderators didn't combine all these threads? Too hard and too many to keep up with?

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Why should the mods have to keep track of all this? Why don't the people posting these multiple threads make it better for everyone by simply posting on an existing thread? It makes me think of the kid who says, "I never clean my own room because my mom does it for me."

Chris

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

You win the kewpie doll :D

Because people want to be the one who started the thread. They want to be the one who posted the news - first. And because they never take the time to read the entire forum to find out somebody else beat them to it. Or, they don't want to share, they want their own thread. When they log on, the first thing they do is make their post.

That's why. It's all just human nature. We tend to just accept it and move on. No sense in fighting it - we'd lose.

8. RedRaider

RedRaider Well-Known Member

I tried and tried and tried to get my set yesterday online. I logged in to usmint.gov today and saw that I had one in my shopping cart. It let me check out, so hopefully they will come!

9. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Very true! And some of us just skip all those threads anyway. I think this is the only one I read part of. :)

10. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

AMEN to Chris!

11. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I heard this in my sleep last night and its been on my mind all day.......:eek:

Welcome to the United States Mint.
    Press or say 1 to place an order...............................:hail:

12. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

During the ordering stamped, I tried to order a set for my collection. I Think my High speed internet connection is not as fast as a lot of them. During one of my many calls to the mint. I received a recorded message asking me to complete a survey after I spoke to a Representative about my order. Guess what? Another busy signal signal. Summed up my day.

Did get one order in but it was "Suspended," Really do not think it mattered since my order number was so high probably never would have received one.. Would have like to have one for my collection but no big deal. I am glad for everyone who got their orders in, I a sure they are very nice sets and will sell at a premium if put on the market.

For myself, I will do without. While I can pay quadruple prices for one, I just do not want to play that game.

Now back to important things like football. :)

13. Danr

Danr Numismatist

I believe that they are monetized- and one of the most attractive American coins to boot.

14. Hamhawk

Hamhawk Member

What they sold out already? Darn. :( <<epic frowny face of regret.

15. Danr

Danr Numismatist

you had to be johnny on the spot to nab one (5) of these

16. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Their monetization is a technicality. If they are just another "coin" then are you buying your hotdogs at baseball games with your $1 ASEs? Give me a break...

17. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

They ARE legal tender for the face value of one dollar, but not many people are stupid enough to spend one that way. Some posters here have written about themselves or others receiving them as payment, so it does happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted