I'm glad it's over!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cpm9ball, Oct 27, 2011.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Right now, we have 6 threads running that are related to the 25th Anniversary Sets.

Now, we will be faced with the moaners and groaners who either failed to place their orders on time or are griping about the ridiculous prices these sets will cost, graded and raw, on the secondary market.

I have only one request. If you want to gripe, please limit it to one thread for everyone.

Chris

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

4. LindeDad

LindeDad His Walker.

About the only gripe I have is I may have committed to sell them too early but I would of not bothered if a old on line friend had not put up a buy order yesterday. But a quick 25% profit for 40 minutes time this morning and about thirty minutes to over pack and mail on I can go for.:yes:

5. And now we have another one.:foot-mouth:

6. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

With a wedding two weeks away, the 25th Ann. Set is too rich for my blood right now. And maybe after too. It is what it is and I too am glad this madness is over.

7. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

It's not anywhere near over. With the success of this, the Mint will be looking to do more and more anniversary sets, reverse proofs, etc.

8. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

I understand completely, it might even be more involving as the mint releases more and more variations. I was just referring to the multiple threads outlining the same subject. Maybe...over for now is more politically correct.

9. cpm9ball

My point exactly! You will invariably see someone comment if a person posts multiple threads about the same coin, so what is the difference here?

Chris

10. Danr

Danr Numismatist

don't be a party pooper - some people on this forum will make thousands of dollars on this

11. Danr

Danr Numismatist

It will be hard to beat a set that has a 100,000 mintage of 2 coins needed to complete one of the most popular series in numismatics. This offering was a BIG deal.

12. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Over? Hahaha. Sadly, its only just begun, Chris. We'll have a thread or two on eBay pre-sale prices. Then we'll have countless threads when the mint starts to ship the sets. Then we'll have countless threads on "Look my set arrived". And finally, we'll have a couple of threads on eBay prices realized for both raw, and graded sets. Maybe, in the meantime, silver or gold could drop (or rise) substantially so we could have 500 threads on "Hey, what's going on with silver/gold prices".

13. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I'm happy with my 15 sets that I ordered today. Can't wait to get them in.

14. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

I thought that was the purpose of forums? To discuss topics of interest? I agree that multiple threads are not needed, but that's why the mods can combine threads. You are free to ignore any threads that don't interest you.

15. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Some people use the term "numismatics" loosely. This is not strictly an issue related to numismatics; this is sheer marketing of bullion trinkets by the U.S. Mint. This is just my opinion, but I have never understood why people collect bullion coins. Might as well just stock up on bars and avoid the overhead.

16. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

You can have as many threads as you want....just post them in the Bullion Section where they belong. :p

17. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

It aint over till it's over, or

Roseanne sings the National Anthem again! :eek:

18. Awolter

Awolter Monkey Wrench

Bullion coins are collected for the same reason anyone collects anything. They enjoy it!

If they just wanted to invest in only silver than they should get bars. However you could argue that if you invest in a collectible coin that has silver content, it will still keep that added numismatic value (could go up over time) PLUS the possible rise of the silver.

Investing and collecting are different for everyone. Some people collect the weirdest things... Go watch Antique Archaeology on Netflix if you have it. Opens your eyes on this sort of stuff!

19. MZimm

MZimm Junior Member

I'll start saving my $$$$ for the 40th year anniversary 7 coin set !!!!!!!!!!!!
    :yes:

20. cpm9ball

Exactly! So, Peter may as well change the "Recent Threads" column to "Everything Related to the 25th Anniversary Sets" and the rest of us can go to some other site to talk about coins.

Chris

21. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

Or for the time being just create a new section for just those sets and move current threads open on this to that.. at least it might keep from having them pop all over the place...

Draft saved Draft deleted