I TOSSED OVER 1,000 COINS IN THE TRASH.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coins776, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coins776

coins776 no title

a few days ago i threw out over 1,000 coins that were pretty much worthless, these were coins that i was not able to sell. they were just not worth spending anymore time and effort on. these coins included common foreign coins, lincoln cents circ. to bu from 1909 to 2010, the early lincolns were circulated and the more modern lincolns were bu red. circulated indian cents, a few jefferson nickels, early canada large cents and some others. has anybody else thrown out any coins just to save time and space and to not have to bother with those coins?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bambooski

Bambooski Obsessed YN :)

No! Never! I don't think I am capable of throwing out money :(

Blissskr likes this.
  4. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Probably would have made a nice donation to some children rather than simply being tossed in the trash.

Bambooski, jon12 and non_cents like this.
  5. 9roswell

9roswell Senior Member

why throw away when you could deposit or coinstar them?

Rassi likes this.
  6. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Yep... coins take up a LOT of space on my desk, so I'm thinking about getting rid of them. Thanks for the tip, coins776. I never thought of the obvious answer to my dilemma, bit you've enlightened me.

PennyGuy and gbroke like this.
  7. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Yikes!! :eek:

8. 16d

16d Member

I thought I had read it all.

Bambooski likes this.
  9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I was going to say 0/10, but you've already gotten several bites.

non_cents and medoraman like this.
  10. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Someone with more ambition but less scruples would have packaged them into 30 coin lots and sold them on ebay for $9.99 apiece as "unsearched lots".

And you know what the scary thing is, people would have bought them.

BTW...seen any trolls on this forum lately?

11. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I see a pattern of nonsense, from the op's postings

Rassi and torontokuba like this.
  12. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I don't think that you'll be invited to the Mensa picnic anytime soon.

13. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

<facepalm>.

14. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

Do you live in the States? The lincoln cents could still be used, no?

I have a small bag of demonetized Polish coins that all have dark spots and are probably worthless. My dillema is that I will not throw them out, they are not attractive enough to give to anyone and I do not wish to encourage cleaning, so, that is also out of the question. What do I do with them?

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you had thrown them in the parking lot of a convenience store, I would have had fun picking them up.

Chris

16. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I think the OP should get rid of all of his money, bills and coins. And quit his job so no more money comes in, and not freeload off of someone else. And cut up all his credit/debit cards, and turn over his bank accounts to the state. Did I cover everything?????

17. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

You should have started a contest for them... I would have entered... I would have even bought them from you. Would have been nice for a young collector(like myself) to receive some new additions to his collection

18. coins776

coins776 no title

who am i freeloading off?

19. coins776

coins776 no title

the coins would cost more to ship then they were worth. and nobody would ever buy those coins. and again, even if someone bought them they would still cost more to ship than they were worth. for what its worth i really don't think that anyone would have bought those coins anyway. and then there is all the time and energy that it would take to package up the coins, take photos of the coins, ect. they were not worth the time and effort.

20. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I cant even believe you did that. I'm astonished at the pure stupidity there. You could have sold a random bag of coins from say 1909-1959 and get like 100 dollars for 75 dollars worth of coins. Or have given them to the people who are missing coins in their collection... I COULD HAVE USED THAT 1909!!! just so you know

21. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

This is pretty stupid and an imature movie !!! i am sure thier are many young collectors around the forum or hear on the forum or many other places !!! and the joy you would have brought to one or too of them would have been well worth the effort !! i must say you dont not have the mentality of a collector i dont think you will find any collector on hear that throws away coins you are a disgrace to the forum!! Also if the lot was as big as your saying im sure you could have at least got 5-10 dollars hear or on ebay for almost no work !! But part of me believes this is a hoaxs to get you publicity !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.