I need advice on moving my coin collection outside of US

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by chris58, May 8, 2012.

1. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

Quite right--etiquette is for the little people.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No you can't blame them for ALL the thefts. Just because we now have TSA agents you can't say that baggage handlers are now blameless for thefts. People hate the TSA agents so now they are trying to blame all the thefts on them while in reality they are just another possible source of thefts in addition to all the previous ones.

4. Snowman

Snowman Senior Member

just take very good detail pictures and look at them when you are over there

and when you get back from Europe, you can have a reunion.

my first thought is " Dont take them with you " no way ..no how !!!!!

5. Snowman

Snowman Senior Member

i told my son how " a collector wants to take is expensive coin collection to Eastern Europe" and he is only 16

and is first reply was "Is he Nuts"

granted he did not go to Kazakhstan but he went to Bulgaria ..probably the same type of area .....and all the time people you had to watch your stuff. His group parked their car on the street and was told to have 2 people watch the cars at all times. One to chase the crooks away. My son said that even people were going up and down the streets looking in cars and checking to see if doors were locked during the bright day time. Even when he was standing next to the cars .....people were trying to get in .....even while looking at you ..... they were trying to break in. but all the cars were checked all the time by crooks.... Maybe because they were Americans ..they drew more attention....but he said its a common from locals. Stealing is common place over there were he was in Bulgaria.

Draft saved Draft deleted