I need advice on moving my coin collection outside of US

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by chris58, May 8, 2012.

1. chris58

chris58 New Member

Thank you Kasia for your advice, I have secured a SDB that is tied to my account. Considering I'll be across the ocean, I have paid
    for a year. My contract provides for a vacation after a year and then I'll return to check my collection.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chris58

chris58 New Member

Thank you green18, I will answer everyone and I will not be a stranger. However, I am new at this and am confused on the reply
    portion. When I reply to someone do I just click on reply because when I do, I only see my name instead of the other person. And yes
    I am not a techy type!

4. chris58

chris58 New Member

Thank you Medoraman, I will definitely be seeking out interesting coins and perhaps build a good set.

5. chris58

chris58 New Member

Absolutely, I will be posting continually and greatly appreciate the feedback and camaderie from everyone. I enjoy the company.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

If you want to reply to a specific persons post then just click 'reply with quote' and you'll see the post along with the screen name of that person.

7. scott490

scott490 Member

I definitely agree with not sending a huge horde of valuable coins overseas to Kazakhstan.

High Five!!!

borat.jpg

8. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

FedEx could ship it.

9. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

he would need a customs declarations certification and would need to have is verified before the shipping company can do such.. he may be better shipping it via ups

10. kaosleeroy108

this is totally wrong.. i work for the tsa and we have cameras in cargo screening.. so it wouldnt happen..

11. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Really? Where is my lap-top? Show us where all of the stolen I-Pads go.

12. kaosleeroy108

i dont know. if you have your bag claim tagg you can track who checked your bag.. i dont steal nor do i condone it..

13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Welcome to the forum. That's a shame that you will decline a job due to your coin collection but it's your collection and I can understand if you don't want to part with it. Can't you just have family or friends ship it over to you once you get settled through a specialty mailing service? Do you bank with an international bank? They may be able to help you? There's gotta be a way to get the job and keep your coins but you gotta be able to compromise a little, don't you?

14. kaosleeroy108

i can tell you the easiest thisng to do is package the coins in pellican cases and in pcgs or 2x2 boxes and presurize the cases after packing, ship it via fedex or ups

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Now, now, he said it couldn't happen, so they aren't "stolen", they are just "missing". :)

16. kaosleeroy108

what i intended to say is basically your talking to / barking up the wrong tree..so basically gegot to the airport you departed from and do inquirie there cause that where it gets screened.. now on to the matter at hand..

id pack it in pellican cases and pay ups.. or fed ex to ship them

17. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

He said it "wouldn't happen", but yet it does. Maybe HE wouldn't steal it, but he's not the only TSA agent out there.

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You cannot ship articles of exceptional value via the UPS system.......

19. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You really can't blame the TSA for missing laptops and ipads. Small valuable items were disappearing from checked baggage long before they got involved. And I can't say I have seen any statistics that would point to a significant increase in disappearances since they did get involved. Stuff is probably still disappearing at about the same rate as it always did.

20. areich

areich America*s Darling

Hello

Your laptop was exploded in a safety container when the dogs sniffed out the explosives you loaded into it. As for the ipods...you never owned one, but you forgot.

Amanda

21. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

So if someone steals something, you can't blame them if someone else stole something in the past?

I've heard of relativism, but this is a new low.

Draft saved Draft deleted