I little quiz to test your common sense

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by irisheyes, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to say anything, but after sitting here and reading every post in this thread, I have come to the conclusion that Irisheyes has some kind of psychological disorder. I am not saying that in a mean spirited way. I think that SHE thinks that everything she says is true, even when she totally changes her story to somehow make it fit, even though she contridicts herself many times over. No matter what anyone here says, she will make a new story to defend herself. I really don't think she can help it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. EdS

EdS Member

I am not trying to be offensive... but this person is obviously a paranoid scytzo... its like kicking a puppy with rabies.

We all know this... at this point... its beyond ridiculous.

Irish? Hun... your coin in not hand engraved. I hand & machine engrave for a living... this aint it. You have a trinket coin from Hong Kong. Your family/grandpa wasn't the gransmaster of anything. this isn't a movie like national treasure... or a Dan Brown novel. The dude who is interested is merely being polite to you. I know you are enjoying this fantasy.. and the attention you are getting... but you you need help.

4. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Thanks for suggesting that. After the sharks have their food, I will go back to being unsubscribed to this thread :p

[​IMG]

5. Sully

Sully New Member

I could understand your ignorance but your continued lies are jst awful. You've stated in this thread alone that you had the coin graded, that it was being graded, that you were sending it in for grading and now you're trying to finish the puzzle before sending it in to be graded? Wow!

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

In the same post you said the above that the coins were made many years after the 1776 date but also yours was made BEFORE that date...which is it? And how would they make a coin before the real one came out?

7. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I think we all should wait for the movie ;)

IrishEyes does Continental Curency

co-staring Nicholas Cage from National Treasure :secret:

8. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Are you saying that your coin was made as a restrike to be given as a gift to the grand master of the Hong Kong lodge. I guess you assume that the practice worked so well with the King of Siam and the Sultan of Muscat who were presented with 1834 proof sets including 1804 silver dollars that it would be a good idea to present the grand master with a freshly minted masonic token?

Why do you think it would be easy to prove that the pewter examples were minted years later? Do you not understand that it was common practice to strike examples of new pattern coins in several different alloys prior to production? Furthermore, if the pewter examples were minted after the existence of Hong Kong, they would not bear the striking characteristics of a coin struck in the 18th century. The improvements made in the minting process from 1776 to the mid 1800's would be clearly evident. And why in the world would they use pewter instead of silver for a gift?

You see when you create a conspiracy theory about anything, including something hundreds of years old, it is impossible to hide all of the holes in your preposterous little story. In addition, your complete lack of numismatic knowledge makes those holes very big and plainly evident. And while it is funny that you are wasting the time of the members of this forum, most waste their time reading your drivel willingly. But to waste the time of a professional like Mr. Hoge is unfortunate because he probably only has a sneaking suspicion that you are a nutcase. Perhaps some good samaritan on this forum should fill him in.

9. dannic113

dannic113 Member

Dear God my eyes are bleeding. Bottom line is regardless if the coin is real or fake I would think it imprudent to be mentioning it or any ties least of all grand masters and lodges that don't exist. Not to mention a coin that if in a billion to one long shot is real the lodge may want it back. It may have been stolen from them or a member. The lodges be it masonic, shriner, bluemason, freemason are all secretive member only societies. Much like their more open lesser distant cousins the Elks, Moose, and Eagles lodges. Unless you are there for a open public event if you aren't a member, invited by a member you don't get in period or know their business period. Granted it's more open and mundane than it used to be but it's still kind of like fight club "rule #1 you don't talk about fight club". Same thing applies. No one want's their tounge ripped out by the root...lol. Being family of a member may get you in the front door but that may be as far as any of it gets.

10. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

YES I AGREE WITH YOU ......The improvements made in the minting process from 1776 to the mid 1800's would be clearly evident.

[​IMG]

P1040090.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

The first photo appears to be a genuine Continental Currency coin. Are you trying to claim that your faux coin in the other photos with it's almost hand drawn lettering is a "clearly evident improvement"?

12. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

I think she is trying to say that her coin MUST be older because it looks more primative.

13. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Please...................moderators..............can't we end the madness?:dead-horse:

14. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Nobody is making anybody else read it.

15. ziggy9

when I read the title of this thread i didn't realize the OP meant she was going to test our common sense by pushing it to the breaking point.

16. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Since you've done so much extensive research on the subject maybe you could post that research here in the form of a coherent article so that we may read it. I know many of us here read about and research coinage far more than we buy coins. Just a thought.
    Guy

17. ziggy9

cole
    was that comment to me?

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I doubt it Ziggy. I think he meant the OP.....

19. ziggy9

I was hoping that because up to now nobody has expressed any opinion on what I have posted here, including the OP

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I think she's speechless at your rebuttal........

21. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

It was to the OP, Ziggy lol
    Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.