I little quiz to test your common sense

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by irisheyes, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

Question Number ONE.

If the Continental Currency Coin was in fact one of the first early American coins it only makes sense that it would have been a very important coin and topic to the general public and the United States government.

Its existance would have been well known and basic information regarding WHERE the coin was made WHEN....it was made .....and ...WHO made it ....would have been recorded

.....even worthless run of the mill uninteresting coins have basic information like this available.

Why then do you suppose there was little to no information recorded about a coin of such importance to The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

They arent even sure if the coin circulated at all ..... in fact they dont even know how much its worth?

If you have an answer I'm sure the rest of the world would like to hear it ....if not ..maybe you'll do better on question number two......??

PS a little friendly advise .....you might want to think about what your saying and who will be reading it

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

just in case you are wondering ....the answer is .....Yes.... I have had my coin graded.

4. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

5. 5dollarEdunote

5dollarEdunote Coin Connoisseur

Post a picture of it!

6. james m. wolfe

pitures.gif :yes:

7. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Yeah, let's see a picture of it, in the slab, mind you.

8. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Then post it & prove everybody wrong! I'm sure nobody will have their feelings hurt to know that they made one wrong call. Who graded it?

9. Merc Crazy

[​IMG]

I'd imagine he's referencing the story behind this picture. Just want to make sure he can't steal the pic and claim it's his coin.

Looks nothing like the one he posted pictures of anyway.

10. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

11. Merc Crazy

I thought you had it certified. That's raw.

12. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

The cast fakes your talking about have much different letting ....especialy the E's

13. Merc Crazy

I also wanted to repost this post by LKE/IKE whatever you wanna call the guy...

14. Merc Crazy

Look at the E's on your coin as opposed to the E's on a real one.

Yours lacks serifs, real ones have them.

Case closed, boss.

15. james m. wolfe

16. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

No picture of it in say, a PCGS or NGC slab? ANACS? Anything reputable? That coin is still raw.

17. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

So which one of those two coins do you think looks more like other coins being used at that time ......

A little hint .....when did the first US mint actually begin minting coins

For those who did not read my previous threads ...and those who fr some reason just dont seem to understand ......The pewter examples are completely different in many ways ....they were not made by the same people..... they are made of a different type of metal and different method of coin making ....at a different location and and at different time in history ....and for a much different reason ......!!

18. james m. wolfe

confused1.gif :eek:

19. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Common Sense tells "me" that if I had a coin which everybody felt was a counterfeit and I felt differently that I would have the coin professionally graded and that I would then post pictures of the graded coin.

I certainly would not continue to waste my time trying to "convince" others of its authenticity.

20. Merc Crazy

Here's a brass version with serifs on the E's.

http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=1128&lotNo=1002

Here's another brass, once again, serifs on the E's.

http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=208&lotNo=6465

21. ow9654

ow9654 Irish,British collector

Ok,
    Can I please just point out the obvious,
    There is no way of you convincing the cointalk community (as you have tried in so many different threads without proof) that this coin is genuine unless you get it graded, certified authentic or whatever it is maybe then when it is proven real the people who were against you will apologise and accept they were wrong.
    If you`re so convinced this is real send it off
    You cannot make a decent case about this unless it is proven real by a grading company thing (PCGS, NGC etc)!!!!
    I`m sorry but this has gone on too long and I have read too much stubborn info.
    Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.