How many coins in your current collection.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Morgandude11, May 11, 2012.

?

How many coins in your collection?

Poll closed May 18, 2012.
  1. 0-10 coins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 11-130 coins

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. 31-50 coins

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. 51-100 coins

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. 101-200 coins

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  6. 201-400 coins

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  7. 401-600 coins

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. 601-1000 coins

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. 1001-3000 coins

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. Forget it, I am a hopeless broke addict

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

"Make room"? Do you mean budgetarily or physically? That is one of the greatest aspects of coins, you can hoard away and not take up much space.

Now my book collection......yeah, that is getting out of hand. :(

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

10 inch or 14 inch double row boxes? If you jam them in there you can get 200 coins in a 14 inch double row box. So 10 14 inch boxes all jammed full would be 2,000 coins.

This question get asked frequently. Not including bulk material or duplicates I have between 23 and 24 thousand different pieces.

4. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

I currently have listed about 120 Gold, Platinum and Bi-metallic world coins.

5. Stang1968

Stang1968 Member

I've haven't counted in years, but I keep a box of wheaties I pull, a few rolls of silver dimes, many rolls of pre 1960 nickels, a couple rolls of silver dimes, loose halves and quarters, and then my albums... Probably between 2K-3K in coins, most are wheat of neglible value.

6. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

My personal collection maybe has 15-16 coins, but my inventory selection has around 300-400 coins.

7. onecenter

onecenter Member

Wheat cents and Canadian cents alone exceed 60000, pulled from circulation. Then, there are all those proof, uncirculated and specimen coin sets for 40+ years from the USA, Canada and Great Britain.

8. swhuck

swhuck Junior Member

All of them, I think.

OK, all the cheap ones. :)

9. onejinx

onejinx Junior Member

I think I have somewhere over 20,000. I'm hopefully going to reduce it down this year as I have alot of multiples I dont need. And I have 100 lbs of world coins somewhere in my closet i need to go through

10. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Both really. I only have one safe devoted to coins and it's nearly full. But mostly I figured I could sell a lot of duplicates I didn't need or want and with that buy some coins I wanted. Last time I did this I was able to buy a few things for my collection I wouldn't have otherwise been able to buy without the wife turning demon on me.
    Guy

11. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I think my collection is around 500 coins but I only plan on keeping about 150 of them. Not selling my NGC registry Jeffersons or my Great Falls Morgan Dollars. I am selling all of the rest on my E-Bay store. I never realized how many raw coins I have until I started listing them on E-Bay. But compared to you guys my collection is tiny. FWIW, if you guys like the thrill of collecting, you should really give selling a try. One of my favorite things is hearing the cash register sound on my I-phone when someone buys one of my coins (cha-ching).

12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Tens of thousands of coins if you include all of the wheats, buffalos and junk silver, and about 2500 collector coins.

13. Ricapics

Ricapics Junior Member

I have at least 400 coins but most are collected from circulation.

14. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

I have my inherited collection which includes many rolls of wheat cents and older world coinage (1800's-1900's) and then I have about 60 slabs which I have personally purchased on my own.

15. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Currently 46, all PCGS.

Only 1 of the 46 are "modern", a 2008 $5 Proof Buffalo that has turned a DARK WICKED RED. That's the only reason I have it...I'll see if I can get a decent pic and post it one day.

My maximum was over 1000 coins in 1999.
    My lowest amount was 17 a few years back.

Got tired of keeping up with them all and went quality over quantity...but that's just me.

16. chip

chip Novice collector

When my father passed on, we brought all his coins to my house, we did not like the idea of keeping them in an empty house, there were at least 26,000 plus coins, about 6000 dollars face of state quarters, there were about 1600 or so sacagewea dollars, about 500 presidential dollars, I have pared the collection down to about 3000 coins or so, I want to eventually get it down to one coin, if I can make fair trades.

17. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

Well I have a box of Wheat cents, a box of copper Lincoln memorials about 20 rolls of bu nickels. I have about another 6-700 in 2x2s the average value of those is about 15 dollars each.

18. Trp

Trp Junior Member

At the moment something like 1900 coins and going down due to my NCLT sales. Majority of my coins are pulled from world coin lots so the average value of them is just pennies. I counted my silvers earlier this year and got around 70. Most of them are tiny as dimes or low content. I try to keep my hands off of valuable ones as I'm focused to normal circulation coinage.

Draft saved Draft deleted