HOF Silver Coins - To grade or not to grade

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by GoldIRA, Apr 22, 2014.

1. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Received 5 silver proofs from Denver Mint order today. I know 5 is a small sample size, but from what I'm seeing & hearing, there's going to be a high rate of 70's, making the 70 premium small. 4 of mine must be 70's with 1 69, which I didn't find until viewing the last one. I was at the point I was hoping for some 69's, so I could sell some - I don't sell the 70's, they go to the SDB.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

[​IMG]

This is a banner at the central states show today. Looks like dealers are actively bind them up still.

4. statequarterguy

It will be interesting to see what they're paying. Typically you'd get a lot more by selling them on eBay.

5. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

600 for gold and 60 for silver

6. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Interesting, so TPG's make more money the higher they grade the coins.

7. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

Going back to the OP, how do you find 19 morons who were willing to pay more than what the mint was charging for them? Are these about to be banned like hi-cap magazines or something?

8. statequarterguy

They're sold out.

9. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

That is way way to low.

10. statequarterguy

Should we all sell at current prices? I don’t know on this issue, it could go either way. Two other high mintage sell outs, the Buffalo Dollar has held its increased value at $150 to $200 and much more for a 70, yet the Franklin Dollars sell at close to issue price. If the HOF coins remain the only curved coin, who knows.

11. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I personally think the gold will level off but the silver will continue to rise. That's just my opinion but the price point has room given the demand base of ball fans. My $.02

12. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

On bulk submissions, yes. But, my understanding is the coins that don't meet the minimum grade don't get slabbed either...and slabbed does raise their overhead costs due to materials and time.

13. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I don't think they'll make another curved coin for at least another year. They have lots of other normal sets coming out this year. Besides, these high mintages will probably keep them busy for a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted