Highest Value State Quarter Circulated?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Kevinfred, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

My daughter wants another coin project. She's already put a few state quarter sets together from loose change.
    Is there a state quarter(s) worth finding/saving to put rolls together? i.e. like a roll of Tennesee "D", etc.
    I'm getting conflicting information when googled... Thanks for helping here....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

IMO circulated stated quarters will not hold a premium anytime within our lives or your daughters life that would negate putting together circulated rolls. However there are many variety's, not limited to state quarters, that even circulated can bring a premium. Variety's take alot of patience and are more rare, but with a little practice anyone can find them. A quick visit to google and most of the info your daughter and you would need is readily available, also consider other denominations. As they say variety is the spice of life.

4. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

If you want to stick with the statehood quarters, here are the more highly sought after states: Connecticut, Illinois, Georgia and Tennessee.

5. cremebrule

cremebrule Active Member

Just out of curiosity -- why are those specific ones more highly sought after than others?

6. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

Thanks Tree --- D or P or both? tia

7. treehugger

I'm not sure why; I just know they are consistently the highest-priced of the state quarters on dealer price sheets and blog state quarter values.

8. treehugger

I usually see them valued pretty closely to 1 another, but I know the Philadelphia Mint produced many more state quarters than the Denver Mint. So, I guess the answer is both with a bias toward Denver.

9. CopperJacket

CopperJacket New Member

Well, out of all STATE quarters... the 2008-D Oklahoma has the lowest mintage of around 195,500,000. However the U.S. Territories Commems. are still be found in circulation. Of them, the Northern Marinana Islands 2009-P has the lowest mintage of 35,000,000.

Nevertheless, I agree with previous posts. These coin will not be worth anything in the near (or distant) future. Sceaching for Wheaties or War Nickels instead will be far more profitable later :)

-C.J.

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I would say go with the US Territories and ATB quarters since the mintages are lower than the state quarters. That's assuming she only wants to do circulating commemeratives. Otherwise, yes wheaties, etc. would be more fun maybe. Probably be a little longer between finds though.

Draft saved Draft deleted