Hi from the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VeneCollector, Aug 8, 2012.

1. VeneCollector

VeneCollector New Member

Hi all, my name is Daniel and I'm from Venezuela. I have a medium-sized collection; 119 coins from around the world and from my country. I collect mostly coins from the former communist states of Europe, but all coins are welcome in my album. My collection doesn't recive many coins regularly because here is illegal buy and sell papermoney and coins of foreign countries :(

Well, not more to say for now... Wel, a last thing, my englis is mot the better, so excuse me for some errors what I can commit ;)

Greetings
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator

hello and welcome! is it legal to have foreign coins in your possession? and if the transaction happens on the internet, is it still illegal? sorry for picking your brain.... just curious :)
  4. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator

is it illegal for you to buy on ebay too?
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball Cannot Re-Member

Welcome to the neighborhood, Daniel!

Chris
  6. VeneCollector

VeneCollector New Member

We don't have eBay, but in Mercadolibre, our version of eBay we cannot boy foreign coins, although the coins are uncirculated; only national coins. But in other sites we can buy some foreign coins...
  7. VeneCollector

VeneCollector New Member

In internet still is legal, but the central government have a project of law to forbide it...

The possession is legal, but is a bit hard to find some coins. I mean, is easy to find coins from Latin America, but from Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania is hard and expensive.
  8. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Nothing hotter than well armed women.

Hmm, I have bought sets of coins from seller in Maracaibo and had no problems getting them. The 12 1/2 cent coin is pretty cool denomination - I read that they only make because President Chavez liked them when he was a child.
  9. VeneCollector

VeneCollector New Member

When you bought it? In some shops still are selling it, the thing is which a permission is needed to negotiate with foreing currences... And the permission is expensive :(

About the 15 1/2 coind is rare, i think that dont have so much une, because even a candy is more expensive than 12 1/2 centavos :D