Help IDing two coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I already figured out the one on the left is Algeria, so ignore that. But I need help with these other two. The middle coin I thought at first was Egypt, but other Egyptian coins from this time don't have the date in Western numbers, and I can't find it in Krause. The one on the right I assume is Ottoman Empire/Turkey. I'm having trouble making out the date. It's very, very small. It looks like 1228, 1238 or 1288, none of which are dates for Ottoman coins. It's really hard to make out the photos in Krause for these but none seem to match. Scan.jpg Scan1.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

2nd is Egypt, KM#417 , 5 piastres
    3rd Looks Turkey, I cannot find it... wondering if it a patern coin. driving me crazy not knowing. do you know the denomination for this coin ?

Ripley likes this.
  4. Hiddendragon

Thanks for the id on the middle one, though I still can't find it in the book even with your info. For the other one, I don't know the denomination. I've always found the Ottoman coins hard to make sense of.

5. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

6. josemartins

josemartins Member

The third one is: Hyderabad - 2 Pai - Y#35 (AH 1329/43)

7. Hiddendragon

You are correct. Thanks a lot! I would have never looked at India.

I see the problem with the other one. I was reading the date as 1979, not 1969. I didn't realize it was in Arabic numbers.

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

India. hmm no wonder I could not find it. lol glad someone knew what it was/is. I would have never thought to look there.

Draft saved Draft deleted