Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dccoincollector, Dec 31, 2004.

1. dccoincollector

dccoincollector New Member

Good evening everyone.

I wanted to say a quick hello to the forum members. I have been collecting for a few years now. My main focus is 19th century U.S. gold coins. Today I was visiting a small coin shop in northern Virginia when I was directed to speak to a young man standing on the customers side of the counter beside me. I was informed that this gentlemen was a larger dealer who specialized in the higher end material that I was seeking. I was a little leary about his age at first.
    After some discussion, he informed me that he contributed to this online forum. After a little more talking, I found that I had learned more about the series in an hour than I had learned in my few years of study.
    After joining this forum, I have taken a little time in reading some of the posts written by this young man, and have expanded my knowledge even further. I know that I have a long way to go, but with the help of all the knowledgable members here, it looks as if my quest will be a little easier.

First, I would like to thank National Dealer. If it were not for you sir, I may never have been put onto the right path. Your knowledge and desire to help the collector without padding your own pocket is very much appreciated by this collector.

I will follow your advice about participating in the ANA and here on this forum.

I would also like to thank all the members here in advance. I am sure that all of you will help me to learn more about coins and coin collecting in general.

Mike
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. sylvester

sylvester New Member

Hmmm gold my favourite! :D
  4. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 WINS Member

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum. National Dealer gave you some very good advice and I am glad that you are going to take it. You will find the members here very friendly and willing to help in any way we can. We are all still learning too, so please contribute as often as you can :)
  5. CoinNut4

CoinNut4 New Member

Hello Mike,
    I am new here to this forum too........but I have yet to find a nicer bunch of folks!! Welcome!!
  6. GaryBurke

GaryBurke Senior Member

Hi Mike:

I joined this forum recently, and have found it very entertaining and informative.

:)
  7. joesmom

joesmom New Member

Welcome aboard Mike!
  8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Howdy Mike - Welcome to the Forum ;)
  9. jody526

jody526 New Member

Welcome, Mike! :)

Make yourself at home. You're among friends. :cool:
  10. rggoodie

rggoodie WINS Member

welcome Mike

Welcome Mike
    The National dealer has been a great help to many of us but here we all help each other.
    Questions- just ask them and you will be amazed at the indepth kind help you will receive
    Happy New Year.