Hello from Arkansas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Copper Queen, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Copper Queen

Copper Queen New Member

:hail: I have picked up coins here and there since I was a child, because my father collected proof sets and silver coins. I have received part of that from his estate, and I will have to sell some. I hope I can get some ideas on value here. BTW, I called myself Copper Queen because I started collecting pre-1982 US pennies because their copper value is now about 6 cents. Thanks
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

Welcome to Cointalk Copper Queen! Are you planning on starting any series collections? You could probably start the Lincoln cents, and have a pretty decent start once you sort through the pre-82 hoard you have accumulated.
    By the way, your pre-82s are only worth about 2.6 cents in copper... not to burst your bubble or anything.
  4. Dennis68

Dennis68 Member

:welcome:
  5. GreatWalrus

GreatWalrus WHEREZ MAH BUKKIT

Welcome to CoinTalk!
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball Cannot Re-Member

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Your copper Lincoln's are probably worth less than that because the market price is for "Grade A" copper. Since the pre-82 Lincoln's are an alloy, not Grade A copper, most reclamation centers will only pay about 25% of the Grade A price.

Chris
  7. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Welcome to CT, from Maryland.
  8. Copper Queen

Copper Queen New Member

I probably start with the pennies, and I have 20 silver dimes to look into also. Thanks for the posts.:)