Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by misskris, Mar 19, 2012.

1. misskris

misskris New Member

Hello,

Just joined today and I'm very excited to get to know everyone. I just started collecting wheat pennies about 8 months ago and now I'm getting interested in Lincoln cents. So much to learn, but I am really enjoying the "hunt" and the dream of finding a key date. Heck, a semi-key date would be nirvana!
    I'm going to apologize in advance for any stupid questions that I may ask.:D
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

First off, Welcome to the forum.
    Next, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid answers.
  4. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

Welcome Misskris. Wheat cents are a great way to start collecting cents. You can easily collect the Lincoln Memorials
    while your at it. The ' Red Book ' is a must have and then a guide book for Wheat and LMC's would help you greatly.
    Ask questions and show us what you have. We love pics.
    zeke
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball Cannot Re-Member

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Um........Wheaties are Lincoln cents (1909-1958). Then you have the Lincoln Memorial (1959-2008), the Lincoln Commemorative series (2009) and finally, the Lincoln Shield beginning in 2010.

Have fun and enjoy!

Chris
  6. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

7. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

:welcome:glad you can join us coincollectoravatar.JPG
  8. CopperJacket

CopperJacket New Member

Welcome to the forum and remember: if you have any questions, stupid or not, do not hesitate to ask!
  9. Hunt1

Hunt1 Active Member

It was actually called the Lincoln Bicentennial in 2009 Mr. Chris :)
    http://2009lincolncents.com/

The only Commemorative in that 2009 series was The Lincoln silver dollar Comm.
  10. RiverGuy

RiverGuy Tired and Retired

Misskris welcome. When you have the chance scroll through the thread Post Your Lincolns. They're are many very impressive cents that will amaze you and hopefully encourage your ongoing collecting.
  11. green18

green18 Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Dang it Caz, you're gonna get Chris (CPM) all fired up again......:)

Welcome to the forum MissKriss.
  12. lupinus911

lupinus911 New Member

Welcome fellow wheat hunter!
  13. cmilladoo

cmilladoo Keepin it Real

Stupid questions? Nah, i bet even the most learned coin experts on this forum at one point had to ask what you think of as stupid questions......asking questions is the only way to ever learn anything....ask away and people (probably not me i don't know a ton) will be glad to help. Welcome!
  14. misskris

misskris New Member

Thank you very much!

You are all so nice! Thank you for the warm welcome!
  15. cpm9ball

You're confused, Greenie. Cannyn quoted the adage correctly.

Chris
  16. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

Hello There !
  17. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

[​IMG]

That's right!
  18. cpm9ball

I know you want to try to catch every mistake I make, but technically, I'm not wrong. The coins were struck that year to commemorate the Bicentennial of Lincoln's birth. The only mistake I made was capitalizing "commemorative". But, if you want me to continue answering your questions via PM, you've got to learn not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Chris:devil:
  19. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

:welcome: Misskris

[​IMG]
  20. wheatydigger

wheatydigger Member

Welcome to cointalk! Be sure not to buy one of those scam "unsearched" wheat cents rolls off ebay,
  21. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Welcome Misskris.:welcome: I'm a fourth generation collector and still have many many questions. Go ahead and ask.