Has anyone made a decent profit buying and selling coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by j2theq, Aug 20, 2012.

1. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

I bought this coin to resell since I bid and realized I already had the year. Nobody bid and got it for 99 cents. Problem is now I like it and want to keep it, despite already having the year. Maybe if I keep it, the value may go up. Maybe I will just sell the one I had. I believe I have some coins I bought at a good price I can also sell for more but don't want to sell them. Maybe when I am old or something.
    latest1906ihc.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Sure, you can make money as long as you know what you are dealing with.

Identify supply and demand and you can make money. I know there are coins that were sold too cheaply, hence bought them and made profit on them. Sounds easier than done but knowing what's undervalued is the challenge. Knowledge and experience is the key.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

IMHO, the chances are better at the roulette tables.

5. micro

micro Member

Be sure to share with us on your adventures too! Coin Talk is the 'must' place to learn about coins.

6. zachfromnj

zachfromnj Junior Member

even on black/red?

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

define: decent?

8. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

9. zachfromnj

zachfromnj Junior Member

10. MVC

MVC Senior Member

Been buying and selling for 7 years. Have not quit my day job yet, and likely will never be able to. Do I make money? Sure, but if I took the amount of time spent on doing it, and divided it by my net profit at the end of the year, I doubt it would be above minimum wage.

Draft saved Draft deleted