Happy 4th!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Peter T Davis, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Enjoy, everyone, and be safe!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Thanks Peter T, and the same to you.

4. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Safe ain't fun. I'm going to blow stuff up! I'll try not to get hurt if that is of any value.

All y'alls have a very exciting time watching the fireworks and hanging out with family with a barbecue party. Or sitting at home, whichever you prefer.

Happy Independence day!
    Oh, and the Mint made coins to commemorate this in 1976, seems fitting to post 'em.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~Cannyn

5. susannyny

susannyny Member

You too Peter!!! Two-fold!

6. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

7. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

8. m60gpmg

m60gpmg Member

Oh yeah, I'm going to make some noise and have a good time with family and friends.
    Happy independence day everyone!

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Wishing all my American friends new and old a wonderful 4th :D Enjoy it guy's and stay safe :hail:

10. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

HAPPY 4th of JULY, to all my American Neighbours!!!

11. wd40

wd40 Member

Happy independence day Americans :D

12. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

USA! USA! USA!

Happy, late, Canada day.

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

A Happy and safe 4th to all.......:)

14. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Let's go a little crazy since it is the celebration of our independence! Be safe while you're going crazy though:)

15. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Happy 4th everybody, and bless all!

600-4thjuly.jpg

16. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

[​IMG]Enjoy the 4th of July!!!!:thumb:
    :devil:Be safe![​IMG]

17. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Ditto ~ Enjoy and be safe!!!

18. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Have a good 4th everyone!

19. Peter T Davis

Haha, fireworks ain't what I meant when I said "be safe" :)

I'm thinking more along the lines of going to someone's cookout, having a few too many beers and not having the self-control enough to have someone else drive you home. Not that you'd be drinking and driving.

Of course drunks probably shouldn't be handling fireworks either, for that matter, but some of us have had the decision removed from us by the powers that be (and I probably shouldn't comment on the laws regarding fireworks in the state I live in, cause I'd be banned for political comments)!

I did get in a bit of trouble, for fireworks, though back when I was about 15. Me and a couple of friends decided to head over to a beach at Elmore State Park (in Vermont), with a bunch of bottle rockets and a few packs of fire crackers. We hadn't had a chance to set off more than a few of them when we saw someone approaching us with a bright flashlight. Yep, the resident park ranger wasn't too impressed with our choice of location for our 'fireworks' display. He ended up taking us back home to our parents and confiscating the rest of our fireworks.

20. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Ah, but you are in a position to ban whoever bans you. :D Well, some caution does make sense, I think. Earlier today I talked (on the phone) to friends in Southern California, and they said that private fireworks are pretty much impossible where they live, simply for fire hazard reasons. If you live in an area where wildfires are not exactly uncommon, you are more willing to accept such rules. (Does not mean everybody is.) Anyway, you guys have a great Fourth of July!

Christian

21. Peter T Davis

Yea, forest fires aren't nearly as big an issue here in New England as in the southwestern states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.