Greetings from the Beach in Southern California

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by anthonyp, Dec 5, 2010.

1. anthonyp

anthonyp New Member

Hello New Friends!

Born and raised in Los Angeles, a lifelong beach bum, surfer, volleyballer and ocean swimmer. I recently authored/published a beautifully illustrated children's book, it's for sale on Amazon.com. Been collecting Morgans since '76 and have recently checked on my collection in the safety deposit box. I have many uncirculated Morgans, many toned, MS65+ by my own eyes, never graded by PCGS or NGC, just the coin dealer's grading back in the 70's. What a surprise it was to break out the collection and see how coin collecting has changed! I've been out of the loop for 30+ years and hoping that my online research and being on these forums will enlighten me further. I have my B&L stereo zoom microscope to magnify the VAM search on all my coins. There's many, so this could take a year to catalogue, when time and inspiration allow :D Amazing that I use to buy coins with the money I'd make babysitting or delivering papers. So hello and thank you to all!
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball Cannot Re-Member

Welcome to the neighborhood, Anthony!

I won't hold it against you because you live on the wrong coast, and I'd love to see photos of some of your Morgans.

Here are three, in your honor, that are "serving a life sentence".

Chris

Attached Files:

4. green18

green18 Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Welcome to the forum Anthony and enjoy collecting and sharing some pics o' those Morgans with all of us here....:)
  5. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Welcome to CT.
  6. mpcusa

mpcusa Online Dealer of Mpc

Welcome to CT!!
  7. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

Hello from the right coast Anthony! Welcome to the fourm!
  8. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Welcome to CT!
  9. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Man, I sure have great memories of L.A. Spent 48 years there ( minus my service time ). Doheny to Zuma !! Long boards ruled !

Great meeting you,

gary

Ever do the Catalina bathtub race ?