Gold Bureau

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by JBGood, Jul 7, 2012.

1. JBGood

JBGood Collector of coinage Supporter

Anybody bought from this vendor? Any issues?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

4. JBGood

JBGood Collector of coinage Supporter

Yes, this company "US Gold Bureau"....know them?

5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

No I haven't done any business with them at all. Their silver prices look decent but their shipping prices look crazy high at $25 per order. I guess if you ordered a quantity you'd be alright but I usually stay away from companies that start out with high shipping demands.

6. us-gold-bureau

us-gold-bureau New Member

Just wanted to weigh in on this one and confirm that we do offer $25 flat-rate shipping on all orders. Though this is probably not great if you're ordering a couple of silver coins, it can be great if you're placing a larger order, since that same rate includes FedEx shipping as well as door-to-door insurance for your shipment.

7. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

yeah I would think that $25 is a bit much for shipping. I mean even APMEX is high in my opinion at $12.95!

8. us-gold-bureau

For the record, APMEX's $12.95 shipping rate is only for orders lower than $250. Our pricing is really best for larger orders, where that insurance comes into play in a big way.

9. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

So it's still better than your shipping rate? Either way I'm not trying to debate with you about, what appears to be, your company.

10. us-gold-bureau

APMEX's shipping rate for orders less than $1,000 is less than ours (Yes - I'm a rep of the U.S. Gold Bureau). Not trying to debate either, just wanted to provide the full info for people, whether it makes us look good or not. I think this site is great for buyers to discuss these topics -- and also for dealers to have a dialog with buyers to find out what's important to you.

11. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

Well to be honest, I wouldn't want to put out in the open that your competition has better rates than your company. But that is just my opinion. But I guess it's best for me to stick with APMEX for purchases!

12. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I would avoid them to. to high of shipping. your better off going to apmex

13. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

Yeah I've had nothing but good experiences with APMEX.

14. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Why do some of you prop up Apmex like it's the greatest gift to the PM business. The things they have to offer are a fantastic selection and ok, at best, pricing. In most cases of the more readily available bullion products you can do much better in a total cost perspective with some of the smaller dealers. My experience has been that Provident Metals kicks the snot out of Apmex and they've never jerked me over, which I can say Apmex has.

15. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

I don't think that I'm propping up APMEX "like it's the greatest gift to the PM
    business." I don't think that I've mad any crazy statements about APMEX or put
    any other business down. I have personally had nothing but good transactions with them, that's all. I think they have comparable prices to Provident, and Provident
    has lower shipping costs. I personally like APMEX's selection and pricing, i also feel
    like they ship fast and secure. You have obviously had a bad experience with them
    and you prefer Provident, that's ok with me. But I think that saying we make them out to be the best is pushing it, but that's your opinion and OK with me.

16. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Wow looks like they have good pricing on some items. Silver eagles at about 2.40-2.50 over spot before shipping.

Also only $27 over spot for a 1 oz gold pamp, that seems like a good price as well......

17. fatima

fatima Junior Member

I don't think anyone here does this as we all have been in the position of new to PM buying. However APMEX gets high marks for being trustworthy, consistent, and very clear on their terms. These are all important to physical PM buyers. Someone starting out buying gold might come here seeking advice on where to go for gold buying so because of this I certainly don't see any problem recommending them.

If you have a reason for people to avoid them, then list it. However I'm going to also add that terms such as "kicks the snot" and "jerking around" are not real useful.

18. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Got it, bad words right up there with banksters and talk holes...thanks

19. areich

areich America*s Darling

20. areich

areich America*s Darling

And they over charge for sales tax among other things. And when you call to complain about it they refuse to answer or help, or even call back. And they have an extremely odious buying agreement that should be passed to an attorney before making any transaction. It is very bad to do business with Apmex.

21. areich

areich America*s Darling

No they don't Their terms need a legal team and they lie about their charges which you can't even see until you surrender your credit card information. Unless consistent means consistently crooked, then I fail to see how they even operate within the law.

They are the WORST.

"kicks the snot" and "jerking around" seems adequate in describing Apmex.

Draft saved Draft deleted