Getting Started

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tyco, May 14, 2012.

1. Tyco

Tyco Member

Hey everyone,

I've been following this forum for a few months now, and decided to join. After following the Bullion Investing forum over the past few months I've become mainly interested in collecting government issued silver bullion. I look forward to interacting with others here as it seems like a friendly place.

So far I've gathered a few ASE's, SML, Canadian Wildlife, Philharmonics, Libertads, and Britannias. Are there any other world silver coins that anyone would recommend? I haven't gotten my hands on anything from Australia yet, but I'd like to soon. Thanks.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome to CoinTalk! Are you looking just at the current bullion issues? After what you already have, yes Australia would be the next thing I'd suggest. It gets more interesting if you look at some of the older ones.
  4. Anthorn

Anthorn New Member

You don't say what amount of funds you have available. The centrepiece of a silver bullion coin collection might be The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Silver Kilo Coin - one kilo of .999 silver. But it will set you back 2,600 GBP direct from the Royal Mint and you'll pay a premium to buy it from a dealer. Otherwise I'll go with Australia. The only one left I think.
  5. Anthorn

Anthorn New Member

You don't say what amount of funds you have available. The centrepiece of a silver bullion coin collection might be The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Silver Kilo Coin - one kilo of .999 silver. But it will set you back 2,600 GBP direct from the Royal Mint and you'll pay a premium to buy it from a dealer. Otherwise I'll go with Australia. The only one left I think.
  6. Tyco

Tyco Member

I'll probably stay current for a while. The premium on some of the older pieces can be quite steep. In the few months I've been doing this, however, I've seen my interests change. So who knows where that will lead me. Thanks for the warm welcome!

One kilo might be a little bit excessive at the moment, but I'll have to check that out anyway. I think I'll stick with 1 ounce bullion for a while. Although, I do have my eye on one of the 5 oz. ATB 'quarters'.
  7. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

Chinese pandas are pretty nice.
  8. Tyco

Tyco Member

Yes, I like the pandas as well. I recently picked up my first.