For Trade: American Revolution Bicenetennial and Franklin Mint medals

Discussion in 'Trades' started by afm1982, Mar 30, 2014.

1. afm1982

afm1982 Miami has the Dolphins...

Came across the following while cleaning out an estate. The only information I have about these medallions is what I could gleam from other coin forums and the interweb in general.

American Revolution Bicentennial -- three (3) medallions:

I think these are the National Commemorative Medals. Two of the medals are believed to be the gold-plated bronze (25.6 g each). The third is sterling silver (31.1 g). The plastic cases are loose, and the medals can be taken out, enabling me to weigh them.

Franklin Mint Holiday Medals (5 total)

I also have five coins in cases from the Franklin Mint. The scan shows two of the five coins. They have either a holiday theme or say peace/pax on them. Each is in a case with a lable that reads, "Sterling Silver Proof -- Limited Edition -- Struck at the Franklin Mint". Each coin has a different year: 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1984. (the 1975 and 1978 medallions are shown in the pic)

My purpose is two-fold:
    1) I'd like more information about these medallions. Hopefully, someone has a useful reference guide that provides the pertinent information (weights, metal composition, etc...)

2) While I'm open to sell them, ideally, I'd like to trade for more well known silver coins (either silver eagles or silver dollars). Such a trade would depend on the silver content of the medallions I have and the offering presented for trade.

Here is a scan.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...psbfbe3b26.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you have information you'd like to share.