First Big Purchase!!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by c10ck3r, Jul 31, 2012.

1. c10ck3r

c10ck3r Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I can't tell if it's been cleaned, but with those holes on the reverse, I wouldn't have touched it. You should have asked here before buying it. Eat the return postage and send it back.

4. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

Return it, you can do better for that amount of money.

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

You gotta send back the "free extra gift" too.

6. ML94539

ML94539 Senior Member

For $200 more, you can buy a nice MS64...

7. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

Unfortunatly, I agree with the others. I think you can do better. Good luck!

8. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

Never buy a coin that a poisonous snake has damaged his fangs on. :)

Seriously, it's a thrill to buy your first pricey coin but I agree with the others: you can do better. You might want to consider buying a slabbed (professionally graded) version; this way, you'll be sure to get a problem-free coin. Good luck.

In fact, you can post some auction possibilities here if you'd like feedback on whether something is a potential good purchase.

9. akajcw95

akajcw95 Member

I agree with the others as well. I actually like problem coins whenever the "problem" isn't too signifigant (holes, damage, ect) because you can typically get a good discount. The holes in the back of coin kills it though. I'd return the coin and keep looking around for another 1881-CC, I've seen a few go on eBay for $150-$200 in the same condition with no reverse damage.

10. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Please send that one back. Graded, problem free '81 CC Morgans in Fine condition easily sell for under $300.

Here is just one example from Heritage. It went for $264 If you do not have a Heritage account, sign up right away. It is free and one of the best places to check on recent auction prices.

http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=1172&lotNo=9207

Draft saved Draft deleted