First 2014 5 oz silver ATB will be released by end of March

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by TopcatCoin, Feb 28, 2014.

1. definer

definer definitely....! LOL

Got mine today from eBay along with a Mt Rushmore. Got a reasonable deal average of $130 a piece.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. According to mint spreadsheet, 21,415 of the Great Smoky Mountains P collector puck have been ordered to date. Good news: Should sell out 25K soon. Bad news: High mintage means less likely to appreciate. Billion version now at 31,500 sales. TC

4. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Doesn't bother me, I'm hoping these catch on big time someday, so 25k would still be low. Heck, the 2010's at 27k are apparently beginning to settle into collections, as their prices are rising.

5. statequarterguy

So, what's your secret? I'm still getting last week's updates, even with the spreadsheet version.

6. No secret. Google is my friend. Be advised though that the spreadsheet numbers are sometimes inaccurate. Be sure to check out sales numbers tomorrow. :) TC

7. Hotpocket

Hotpocket Supreme Overlord

I received my 50z ATB puck today. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised at the quality and the detail. I was also unaware that the coins have a matte finish, which i think makes the detail easier to see and appreciate.

Normally I would agree with you Treehugger, but i have to say with coin in hand I think it is a very attractive coin. The design does not seem cramped or too much given its size.

Again just my 2 cents, but overall happy with this purchase. Maybe in 20 or 30 years when I pass down to my kids or sell it will command a premium.

definer likes this.
  8. 21,415 confirmed by today's sales report. TC

9. Gimme_More_Coins

Gimme_More_Coins Active Member

Got mine Monday! image.jpg

onecenter and McBlzr like this.
  10. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I got a few bullion issues yesterday and the quality is better than usual...so far

11. Hotpocket

I already got my email confirmation yesterday from the US Mint on the next installment:

"Dear United States Mint Customer,

The United States Mint will be processing your subscription order for the 2014 United States Mint America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin™-Shenandoah National Park (VA) in approximately 4 weeks. "

Coming fast and furious now! :woot:

12. Gimme_More_Coins

Gimme_More_Coins Active Member

I got that email too and thought the same thing.

13. drathbun

drathbun Well-Known Member

I got my confirmation after I got the order shipment notice! Which was frustrating because I had tried to subscribe to this program some weeks back, and it never seemed to take, meaning it never showed up on my subscriptions page. I kept trying over and over.

I got an order confirmation saying they're shipping me 4 of these things. :mad:

14. Hotpocket

Keep one for yourself and sell the other 3 on ebay, hopefully for a premium...

15. statequarterguy

Received my P Smoky today - has to be one of the best I've received, if this isn't a 70 nothing is.

16. definer

definer definitely....! LOL

ooooorrrrrrr....sell them to members here for a reasonable profit. :rolleyes:

17. statequarterguy

Should still be able to cancel the ones you don't want, if they're 4 different orders.

18. BullionBill

BullionBill Member

Yeah, basically the mint gets to slap the Credit Card all threw the summer for the subs. Then a little reprive till November when they unleash Everglades.

Can't wait.

19. statequarterguy

So, with these initial sales, the Smoky must be close to a sell out real soon?
    So, with these initial sales, the Smoky must be close to a sell out real soon.

20. I'll bet it sells out soon. Numismatic news (NN) is almost ready to call it:

http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/features/mint-stats/did-you-see-a-smoky-sellout-coming

I really hope purchasers are not just flippers but represent increased interest in the program.

BTW SQG: US Mint site changed its numbers (maybe due to recent audit) and now says 22,400 (not 31,500 as posted last week) GSM bullion and NN supports that new lower number in their report. Could this be the first time the bullion version mintage is lower than the collector version? TC

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  21. onecenter

onecenter Member

Real purdy! Mine should arrive soon, as well.

Gimme_More_Coins likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted