First 2014 5 oz silver ATB will be released by end of March

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by TopcatCoin, Feb 28, 2014.

1. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I got the bullion version. Not sure what the mintage will be on those yet.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Depends on how many are ordered by the distributors. Right now only 15K!

4. There is some discrepancy here in mintage of the 2014 collector version. The US Mint website says 25K, but the CS Reps are saying 65K due to overwhelming response of the subscription program. Regardless, demand seems high. The bullion version is more interesting. Latest US Mint numbers show only 15K ordered. Either way, maybe the mintage of the bullion version will be lower than the collector version. If this is the case, keep an eye on prices. TC

5. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I think you have to go with what’s in writing on the order page (i.e. 25k). CS Reps rarely have accurate info.

6. statequarterguy

Hey, check your order, mine just shipped!

7. BullionBill

BullionBill Member

1 unit shipped on 04/09/2014

Mint is stateing new purchases today of "Smokey" will ship around 04/24/2014

Looks like their filling the subs first, how nice.

8. Not a lot of buzz for these. Seem overshadowed by HOF commemoratives. Looking forward to sales numbers.

9. statequarterguy

Probably the normal amount (or more) ordered by subscription.

10. I think the over/under for these is 20K. I will say over 20K but just a guess. TC

11. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Mintages notwithstanding, from a design aspect it is not all that attractive. It seems as though they just tried to cram too much stuff onto the coin -- the mountain, the bird, the cabin and the fence. Very often, less is more and that adds to the appeal. I am passing on it.

There are really none I am drooling over this year, based on design that is.

12. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

It is extremely hideous. I would highly recommend that no one buy it. In fact, you should all return them to the mint. I'll keep mine just for the sake of it though. I kind of like the hideous things in life:)

13. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

You're not fooling any of us, Phil. We know your angle.

14. Hotpocket

Hotpocket Supreme Overlord

So i got my email confirmation as well - shipped on 4/9.

Question is, should I leave it unwrapped in its original US Mint packaging? Or tear it open like a kid on Christmas day and have a gander at it's 5 ounces of puckiness?

Maybe re-sale value is better if I get my fingerprints all over it, no?

15. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I've always liked circles because they have no angles. Kind of like coins.

16. I just received my bullion version from Apmex (see attached pics). Any scuffs or marks are on holder not the coin. Not too shabby. If mintage of these holds at 15K, I will be very happy.
    :happy::) TC IMG_0369.JPG IMG_0368.JPG

onecenter likes this.
  17. Hotpocket

The only thing I wish they would have added is " 5oz .999 Fine Silver"

18. That is on the 3rd side, edge of coin. TC

19. Hotpocket

AHA! Thank you, did not know that. And I dont intend to take mine out of the packaging, so I probably would have never seen it. Thanks TC!

20. Hotpocket

AHA! Thank you, did not know that. And I dont intend to take mine out of the packaging, so I probably would have never seen it. Thanks TC!

21. Hotpocket

22. Hotpocket

Wow, sorry for the multiple posts. Guess I was really excited LOL (I swear I only hit the button once!)

23. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Beauty! Mine is due to arrive on Tuesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted