Exhibit: Half Cents - 1804 - January 1st 2009 - Fish

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Fish, Jan 3, 2009.

1. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

one of the finest posts I have ever seen!!! thanks for sharing!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Fish

Fish Half Cent Nut

I already have just such a site - and then some - under development. It has been for some time, but I have a seven-month-old and a house that needs a lot of work. Still, the data model is pretty much complete and some of the data validation code is as well. Still, there is a lot of work to be done.

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Are you Shlomie Fish?

Ruben

5. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I can't see all of the pic's since I'm on slow internet but what I read was good!

Speedy

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I need to fix that for you some day..

Ruben

7. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Great thread thanks .
    rzage

8. Boss

Boss Coin Hoarder

Amazing thread. I don't collect these but I do collect large cents (recently started) from 1847-1857 and am curoius about the EDS rerferences and this helped me understand the issue better re: rusted dies, polished, erroded dies. Well, written post!! Thanks for taking the time to educate everyone on this topic.

9. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

Quite interesting and well done.

Bruce

10. LSM

LSM Collector

Fish, great post! Very interesting and educational. Thank you!!!

Lou

11. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

A very well put-together piece of research, fascinating reading- thanks!

12. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Very impressive!!! It was so informative and presented so succinctly. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.:thumb:

13. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Ruben,

Did I hear you mention a prize for second and third place, because there ain't no way I am in first anymore. I would be happy to take the bronze medal behind Fish and Drusus.

Phenomenal Post that belongs in the Hall of Fame. BTW, what happened to all of the threads in the Hall of Fame, they are all gone.

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I'm thinking about it if I can find prizes. Would you take a picture of a toned coin in a frame :) That's an idea actually. I might add that to the prizes anyway.

I noticed that the Hall of Fame is reset. There was a post by Clembo that had nearly a 100 nominations which was basically a "Why Coin Talk is Great and Changed My Life" thread. Despite that description, it was a brillant thread.

In truth, I wish I could give everyone a prize. I also hope for world peace, and good will to Jews in their land, a trip to Mars in my lifetime, and the end of global warming.

Ruben

15. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Or....maybe we can print and bind the entire museum and give it out as prizes.

Ruben

16. Fish

Fish Half Cent Nut

No, though I get asked that a lot. I think it's the beard.

17. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

He seems to be a PIA in Baylug so how many active GNU people are there with the name Fish :)

Ruben

18. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

it makes you want to collect half cents

19. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

20. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

21. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Great thread!

Draft saved Draft deleted