Ever take out your entire collection?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Ed Zak, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Pennycase

Pennycase New Member

Man, I must be really bad into coins, I figured everyone else did like me....I look at my coin collection over AT LEAST every 5 hours....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Machiavelli

Machiavelli New Member

HEHEHEH penny case im with ya but mine is so small it doesnt matter :) I think I will post my coin collection up in a bit just so you all can laugh at my insignifigant collection :D

Mach

4. Pennycase

Pennycase New Member

Size don't matter bro, it's what you have in the collection that counts :D

5. Machiavelli

Machiavelli New Member

allright.. here is my collection... please... the colored ones I got from my grandmother before she knew just how un popular they were....

~GIANT~ CLICK HERE ~GIANT~

the lighting sucks and the picture isnt that good of quality because I saved it in .gif mode for transparant purposes... but eat away at my little collection... nothing compares to its mini ness... lmao :D

oh and since i felt so inattiquate ;) i decided to atleast try and put it in a nice design lmao :D

Mach

6. Pennycase

Pennycase New Member

Man,

that is the neatest, and best looking presentation of anyones coin collection that I have ever seen, good job on that man....Here is a picture from a couple months ago that I took of what my desk looks like on an ordinary day.
    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/Coin%20pics/Desk%20with%20coins.jpg

7. Machiavelli

Machiavelli New Member

heheheh you pointed to your own computer mate.. you got to host it on a website. If you want you can host it on mine if you send the picture to mercatordesigns@hotmail.com... or if you want I can explain how to set up a geocities account so you can throw your pics on it.. unless of course you know how to then i take it back :D

Mach

8. Pennycase

Pennycase New Member

I dabbled on geocities before when I was younger, i'm just not up for it right now untill I get my digital camera back

9. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

I have not done this in far too long, I guess. I have done it, of course. The nice thing is not just looking at it all, but laying it out. With ancients Greeks, for instance, there is an arbitrary method of starting with Spain and working your way north and east around the Mediterranean clockwise to Egypt, and Cyrene, and ending with Carthage. None of this is mandatory. There are no Whitman folders for it, that's for sure.

Mostly, it is a matter of looking at them all, using a lens on some, and basically appreciating them for what they are.

The thing is -- and this is why I'm glad you brought it up -- some of my numismatic materials are in other areas, where they do not get the same kind of admiration. Aviation on Banknotes, Scientists on Banknotes, and so on, these other collections are in with flying, science, etc., so I do not see them, do not perceive them, in the same way as the other numismatic items.

Perhaps I should.

Michael

Draft saved Draft deleted