Ebay mistake costs big money

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jaceravone, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mainebill

And I mean to say this is a classic example of why I have nothing to do with sleaze bay and if this pos iPhone keeps giving me problems and not loading posts and letting me post when I want to I'm gonna hit it with a sledgehammer it's getting to that point!!

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Bill? Get a laptop........ devil.gif

Jwt708 likes this.
  5. Mainebill

That's a little too high tech for me

6. Mainebill

Just need something a little better then an 4 year old iPhone 4 that's had the snot beat outta it from being in my shop and on job sites

7. green18

Bill, laptops is cheap and way more fun (phon?) then them silly phones (fones?).......:)

8. Mainebill

I just figure their to complicated for me I barely know how to use this thing and I had if 4 years it took 3 months and a lotta help from my ex girlfriend to figure out how to find anything on the Internet

9. green18

Bill? You seem to be doing quit well on your own. Laptops ain't hard to figure out. No old girlfriends required. Go for it.......

josh's coins likes this.
  10. SCCoinCollector

SCCoinCollector New Member

Wow! The nerve of Ebay! Enforcing their return policy that you checked off in your listing! It seems everyone wants to sympathize with you. Sorry but I sure don't. Personally I don't know why youre even whining. Ebays 14-day return policy is just that - a RETURN policy - and the buyer doesn't need a reason so if you don't want to accept returns simply check off (the proper box) that you do not accept returns. Ebay didnt change the rules, you just wanted the extra 20% off of the seller fees and it didn't turn out the way you expected. Had you listed under GOLD BULLION and still not accepted returns you would have receved your 20% discount with no issues. You just failed to list it correctly. You can't check off that you accept retunrs and then put a little statement at teh bottom of your description. It doesn't work taht way. Had you been the buyer and NOT the seller and had an issue I bet you wouldn't be complaining. You learned a lesson and it was your own fault.

I also have to add that in my opinion that the U.S. mint should limit the sales to any one individual or company on certain collectible coins and this is one of them. The larger companies and deep pocket individuals buy them up and immediately resell for ridiculous profits. As a coin collector and a taxpayer for over fifty years I feel that I have a right to purchase a new release U.S. Governmint issued collectible coin without paying absolutely ridiculous retail premiums because they were all immediate;y sold from being purchased in mass quantity by a only fraction of buyers.

All that being said it sounds as though you still made out like a bandit and yet you are still whining because YOU didn't follow Ebay's listing guidelines. You won't find any sympathy here my friend.

bkozak33 likes this.
  11. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

i realized this is your first post. welcome to CT, i dont think you really read the whole thing, the fact that he would make up a reason is what is bothering us. yes, it was his fault for not clicking that button, but the item was technically as described. You can see the smudge in the pics! so it sucks. he is returning it for his own gain, so why are you getting mad at the seller? i thought you were against people dealing coins for their own gain? plus you joining today and this being your first post, i wont really take you seriously.....

Endeavor and jaceravone like this.
  12. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

@ sc coin collector you are a very very angry person and really need to go back to the hole you came from. Please go back and read my post. If u can't read then one of the great folks here on CT can help you including myself. I don't care that I didn't sell my coin. I could care less as it is happily back in my collection. If I were to be upset about anything it was the motives as to why the buyer was returning the coin. It wasn't as though the coin was damaged or even the slab for that matter. So please go back to your hole troll as we don't need your hate here. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endeavor likes this.
  13. Welcome to CT. I just have to know: Are you the buyer??? :D

14. coingeek12

LOL, i think he might be.....
    i think he got his account just to say at. :D

Endeavor likes this.
  15. SCCoinCollector

Someone stated earlier that "Joe" is a super nice guy. Oh yes, I can see that. He just resorts to verbal attacks and name calling when someone disagrees with him AND offers a helpful hint so he won't make the same mistake and have to whine so much in the future which is to list your high dollar coins under the category "BULLION> GOLD" with a NO RETURN policy and you STILL receive your 20% discount off of your final value fees. (You're welcome Joe.)

There is no need to get all defensive and personal. I simply pointed out it was your own fault and buyers have 14-days to return an item - FOR ANY REASON - if you check off that little box like you did. And for the record "Joe" why not be honest and tell everyone that you are embellishing a few ponts in your post. Ebay does NOT default the 14-day return policy like you stated - you MUST CHOOSE the return policy you want so you being untruthful in an attempt to make yourself look more sympathetic. Also you wouldn't have all those overdrawn issues had you not been so greedy and waited for feedback or at least a few days to see if the buyer was going to keep the coin - or simply waited a full 14 days which was your return policy period. (oh I'm sorry, you didnt understand that.)

In ending I will also state you being the a$$ that you evidently are - AND having made it to college - that you must not be too bright if you can't read and follow simple Ebay listing rules and then whine about it because you. (And to help you understand this is called pointing out the facts, NOT name calling like an adolescent.) I'm still wondering why so many peopel are thanking you for the "lesson". The only thing I've learned is you are a greedy, whiny, short-tempered man that wants to blame others for his own simple-minded mistake.

And no I am not the buyer; I'm not so ignorant that I would pay that rdiculous amount of money for a coin that will drastically drop in price once all the hype is passed. (isn't that right Joe! hahahahaha)

THANKS FOR THE WARM & FUZZY WELCOME MY FELLOW COLLECTORS!

16. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I think you completely misunderstood the purpose of this thread. The OP was not so much complaining as they were sharing their experience and trying to help others from making the same mistake. Even if they are complaining or are frustrated with the situation what is wrong with telling us here? The item listed had a very small issue with the slab (not the coin) and OP was sharing his story how this can be used by a buyer to get out of a sale due to buyers remorse.

The whole purpose of a forum like this is to share experiences and help each other. That's what OP is doing. It's too bad you took a confrontational approach on your first post because you made some good points yourself - like listing under bullion to still get 20% without return. Hopefully you are not so grumpy in your future posts. Farewell.

jaceravone likes this.
  17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

"Waahh! Waahh! I popped up out of nowhere, threw a bunch of rocks, and someone threw one back at me! Why won't everyone be nice to me?"

First impressions count for a lot. My condolences on yours.

jaceravone likes this.
  18. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Just ignore the troll who is obviously has not read my post. Go away troll you are not welcome here. This is not name calling cuz that is what you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. SCCoinCollector

and why are you few people assuming I'm "mad or angry" which I most ertainly am not. I could care less, it just puzzles me why so many sheep, err I mean people are "thanking Joe" for his sharing of his awful Ebay experience and what they "learned" from it. Unless you can't read and comprehend simple guidelines Joe's post is just a lot of whining of how he messed up and then wasn't able to hose someone that had a brain-fart and spent WAY too much money on a coin and then realized he had a way out. Seems pretty simple to me. No "lesson" to be learned here other than Joe maybe didn't get his money's worth from his college education.

I will add one more thought; if this is the worst thing that happens to Joe this year, he should be very very thankful.

(And I apologize for the obvious typo's - this old man isn't used to typing so much and the old reading glasses arent what they used to be.)

20. coingeek12

may i say something?
    he posted this to warn people that you should check that little box.
    he was not posting it to cheat someone, he posted it cause' a friend told him it would be a good idea.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    jaceravone, Endeavor and definer like this.
  21. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Oh, is that all it was? Disagreeing with a post and offering a helpful hint? Then it must be the complete lack of tact in your posts that have ruffled so many feathers.

Tact: a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.

Or, the more down to earth definition:

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted