easy way to at a coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bruce m, Apr 8, 2011.

1. stroligep

stroligep Member

I'll forward this to Oliver Stone.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sgiorgis

sgiorgis Student of Numismatics

More like, "Oliver Stoned" ;)
    Steve

4. bruce m

bruce m New Member

thanks everyone for suggestions, im soaking some coins in dandruff shampoo right now, i will put pics up of how they look!

5. biged239

biged239 Member

Just my two cents worth. A circulated coin today will be what a flowing hair use to be. 100 years from now all coins today will be old.
    So in my opinion there are no such thing as a regular coin, they just haven't aged yet.
    Thanks Big Ed

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'll bet you $100,000,000 you're wrong. Of course, neither of us will be alive to collect.

Chris

7. biged239

biged239 Member

Hello Chris
    LOL. I would think that because of the amount of hoards there are today, you are right. I would just wonder what coin collecting would be a hundred years from now?
    Thanks Ed

8. Wrap the coin in a taco bell napkin and place it in the dashboard of your car for about a month or so, flip over for another month or so. :D TC

9. jim50

jim50 Member

sounds like someone needs a cource in cemistry..Jim

10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It's a mistake to equate so-called "AT" coins with counterfeit coins, Chris. I'm just saying...

11. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

It's actually the same in my books. You alter coins to destroy the hobby (maybe even scam others) and you make counterfeits to do the same.

BTW, why not call this thread " The Learning Center For New Docs" or even "Early Doc Developing For Scamming YN"? Maybe even subtitled "Supported by the administration". ;)

12. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Questions about oven toning... How long and I have heard of doing it in a baked potatoe in the oven. Anybody know if that works?

13. Twinturbo

Twinturbo New Member

go to a gun store or something of the sort
    I believe its called blue gunning could be off with the name.
    however if mixed right one drop has produced amazing colors before, however theyre obviously AT, even a newb can tell. regardless if you do experiment dip the bloody coin. dont leave it AT'd so someone gets scammed.
    Actually all the methofds listed out there produce obvious AT coins currently. im sure there are some existing but not listed.
    If you doing clad coins throw them in a oven lowest temp 15-30-45 mins, take a look at em, when there colors are ripe. afterwards, just spend those suckers. clad toners are generally worth face.

14. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

*shakes his head*

Darn doctors in training again IF YOU WANT TONED COINS BUY THEM don't deface something that people protected for you to enjoy and hopefully someone in the future will enjoy

15. Cazkaboom

Ahh....
    I was just doing common coinage I found in my change to see the outcome, haven't seen one, so thought I might as well try it. I don't want to do this to make a profit. Just to collect.

16. Cazkaboom

I am curious on how these "blue gunning" coins looks. Anybody have any pics on these?

17. thatmatt

thatmatt New Member

So I'm going to see this on the history channel sometime soon I hope?

:)

18. bonbonbelly

bonbonbelly Feel MS68 Look AG3

Wrap them in tin foil and bury them together in your back yard for a few years. The tin foil won't help the color, but will make it easier to find them with a metal detector. No guarantee on what they will look like, but if you are just fooling around, why not try?

19. Davidschwager

Davidschwager Member

It sounds like leaving a cleaned copper outside might restore the natural color?

20. Davidschwager

Davidschwager Member

Thanks for the information. Three minutes over an electric burner worked perfectly for clad quarters.
    I will show these quarters to a few people, then they will get a decent burial in the washing machine coinbox next time I do laundry.
    AT quarters.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted