Do you usually carry a favorite coin in your pocket? Let's see!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by billpocz, Jan 30, 2013.

1. billpocz

billpocz Amazed by Peace Dollars

In another thread, about washing hands with silver, someone said they carry an ASE.

I have been carrying a Peace Dollar around...

It is a great prop to whip out and show off (just a little)!

Here is mine: [​IMG]

Bill

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. George8789

George8789 Leaving CoinTalk for good

Last time I whipped something out I got fined and had to appear in court :devil:

Jeffjay and John Skelton like this.
  4. George8789

George8789 Leaving CoinTalk for good

I was the one who said I carry a ASE and here it is. I got it for spot when silver was $29

Attached Files:

5. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

:)Me too! I always carry the photograp of my Two Great Presidents, Accidentally Minted in US Mint with 2 Full dates obverse. With the link of my you tube channel also have a very own websites of this UNIQUE 11c that NO ONE HAS! Anyway, this coin is very well known on my area of Annapolis,Md. since 1995 of December till today.
    105-4-2-1-1.jpg Reverse Double Deomination Unique 11c 2.jpg :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:;):D:):hail:

Brina likes this.
  6. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Mine is a Canadian coin from a painting called "Stormy Weather." It seems the older I get, the stormier things get.

2012Group7VarleyReverse.jpg

7. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Probably doesn't qualify as a pocket piece, but I almost always throw a shield penny or two in my pocket, because I like the looks of them. Any purse I carry always has a few tucked into the zippered area, along with my odd duck coins that never see the light of day..

As I write this I guess I can see that it's pretty weird. Oh well.

;)

8. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

9. billpocz

billpocz Amazed by Peace Dollars

10. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I've never drilled a coin, these are all as I bought them. And I bought them cheaply.

11. Saint Bunny

Saint Bunny New Member

i carry a barber half around because silver gets rid of germs

12. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Well, do to either laziness, forgetfullness, or simply the fact its jacket weather here, (as it is for 8 months out of the year it seems), I have been carrying around in my jacket a couple mexican 19th century 8 reales, a silver peso, and a nice little Gordian III double denarius.

One of these days I will "throw them into the pile".

13. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

I am trying out the concept of a "pocket piece". Chose this coin:

pocket piece obv-4621.jpg pocket piece rev-4622.jpg

We'll see how long I can keep it up by remembering it each morning.

14. Morgan Man

Morgan Man Lurker

Mine is just a common 1922 Peace dollar that is getting kind of worn now. I have a friend that has the same coin and it must have been in his pocket for 100 years cause you can't even make out what it was.

15. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

My Polish friend always carries a $100 bill with him. He calls it his green card in case he ran into trouble.

16. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

This one was nice until I gave it to my cousin to fiddle around with. I purposely put finger prints on there for a test and now have it in my wallet every day. I have no current pictures of my pocket piece but I can sure as heck tell ya, it don't look so well for a proof coin!
    [​IMG]

17. GobrechtReich85

GobrechtReich85 Active Member

Wow! Is that a wrong planchet strike/double design die clash combo? [I don't know if that's a real discription technically] you don't see that everyday. That's intriguing.

18. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

Don't feed the monster!

19. Limited1

Limited1 New Member

Pocket pieces

I love to pull these out and show them. They aren't in great shape but most people I show them to have never seen most of them besides the Buffalo nickel and Wheat penny!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I got a 1909 vdb in mine in a case

21. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I carry a 1876 S seated half in about p01 condition, in an airtite-like containter. She is my pocket piece/flipping coin

Draft saved Draft deleted