Discovery 1979 Washington Quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rick Stachowski, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

the outside legend does have some flatting, but E PLURIBUS has some nice round doubling, split serifs too, I'm going to try and photo some markers on it, the T in UNITED is a good start

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

I'm not going to speak for jim, hopefully he'll show up

4. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Perhaps you should post the "T" in UNITED then?

5. Rick Stachowski

I don't have anymore time today, nieces birthday party, still have to pick my son up from collage, finals the next 2 weeks, jim is also the state rep for coneca too

6. 19Lyds

But he's NOT a CONECA Attributer nor a CONECA Examiner. He's just a board member. (See Post #13)

7. Rick Stachowski

I'll post some more images tomorrow, (markers) again, I can't speak for jim, next time we have a show in michigan, he'll be there, siting with the gang, looking at coins, hey, why don't you show up, then you can ask him thoses questions

8. 19Lyds

Since I live in California, send me an airline ticket! I can sleep on your couch!

9. Rick Stachowski

checks in the mail

10. Rick Stachowski

heres thoses images of UNITED A013 - 20140417_130007 (2).jpg A015 - 20140417_130619 (2).jpg

11. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Rick this looks to be PMD plus die detoration on the word UNITED . I have some coins from dies so worn out that almost two complete sets of letters shows because of the worn dies. take it slow and easy and soon you will learn how to identify a real doubled die coin from the worthless types.

12. Rick Stachowski

when I took it to the show, thats what my worry was, never got to show it to potter, he was doing a class that day, at the show

13. 19Lyds

Draft saved Draft deleted