crooked coin show

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by rwb5704, Mar 13, 2008.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Buyer beware !! Return policies should be investigated before purchase !!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

AND I TOO SAY WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
    My suggestion is to contact the TV station themselves. If no response, try contacting the really big TV stations. A few love to do esposes about such scams and bad responses from other TV stations. Channel 2 in this area, not sure what it really is but something like NBC or CBS. Those larger stations love to have those types of scams to put on the air. Usually even the start of such an investigation scares the idiots to pay off just to shut you up.

4. mpcusa

This is a great idea! Show,s like this dont like the negative publicity
    It can really hurt there sales, But do it anyway:loud:

5. Dollar1948

Dollar1948 New Member

Our shopping channel allows live call-ins from the general public. Why not see if you can get on the air, and when you do blast the crap out of them.
    Oh hang on..never mind..this was 2 years ago:rolling:

6. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Don't look now Borgovan but it's back, and another year older.

7. mpcusa

Interesting iam wondering the same thing ??

8. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

Welcome RWB.

Friendly FYI. No one else has mentioned this yet, so I think I will. It is my practice that whenever I buy gold coins, I always find out the following specifications: diameter (in mm), composition (in percent), and weight (in grams). Thus far, I have only purchased U.S. gold coins, so I know their specs. But if (and when) I deviate with another country's variety, I will doubly cross reference check the parameters with published specifications.

Then, upon receipt of the gold coins, I always measure their weights using a gram scale to verify.

9. CheetahCats

Sheesh! You're right!

And for a second there, I thought MPCUSA might have resurrected it... he posts against everything and anything!!! :eek:

(just goofin)

10. stangherret

stangherret Junior Member

Well, as long as you sent the coins back via certified mail, and you did not damage the product before sending it back, you should be covered. If the coins were returned to you, and you have them in your possession - your complaints are faulty.

Sounds like more of a problem with the returns department of CSN than with the show itself. I have bought several profitable items from Mr. Gerstel over the years.

I wish you luck. Document everything!

11. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

calendar set for 3/21/2011!!! It's coming back...

12. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo........

13. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

Has anyone noticed that the OP last posted when this 27-month-old thread was less than 12 hours old?

Or that he/she never did tell us the final result?

My recommendation - Let's quit beating this dead horse!

14. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I noticed. I also noticed that this is the 5th time the thread has been revived. There must be something in that title!

15. CheetahCats

Indeed, the thread keeps getting resuscitated!

[​IMG]

16. borgovan

borgovan Supporter**

I'm thinking about adding it to my calendar to revive it in 2013, just for kicks.

17. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Well people were just complaining about not using the search function. Someone did and resurrected this thread. Plus it never hurts to read some of them again. Seems like people are damned if they start a thread on an old topic and damned if they resurrect an old thread. I would suggest getting in the habit of looking at the date/time of the original post. Then you can just skip a lot of these threads.

18. cccmachine

cccmachine Junior Member

return of the living dead

19. mpcusa

Fighting with the credit card company can be a royal pain, Now a day,s you have to tell
    Them about your life and give up your first born just to get a refund!...LOL

20. conpewter

conpewter Junior Member

It was easier back when the incident happened...

21. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

The original poster (rwb5704) hasn't posted anything since 2008.

I wonder if he got his money back?

At least he has learned a lesson.

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted