Confederate $10 Bills

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by isdsms, Dec 27, 2009.

1. isdsms

isdsms Junior Member

I don't know anything about paper money, so I was hoping you guys could help me out. How do these look? Real? Worth anything?

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4467.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

4. isdsms

isdsms Junior Member

Ah, second one is definitely a reproduction then (#40674). However, I'm not positive about the first, serial #39669. The ink is brown, which according to that link is a good sign. I just don't know why one of those bills would be real and one would be fake. I found them both together.

5. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

The reverse of the second one has me suspicous...my eyes are not what they once were even though your images were a modest size.

There have been many reproductions of these notes. I am by far not an expert on Confederate notes but I have looked at enough of the real ones to write this. There are several folks here that may have additional info for you as well. The 1st note appears to be an 1864 issue note as well as the 2nd, however, the 1st looks real.

Thanks for sharing these.. the 1st one looks real to me.
    Go to this site and compare yours to Mr. Kelly's.

www.donckelly.com

RickieB

6. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

Second seems to be a reproduction to my knowledge at least.
    The first I believe is real but I may be wrong I have mainly dealt only with $1 and $500 confederate notes.

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Those look it great shape!! Very nice!!

8. I.B. Washincars

I.B. Washincars Junior Member

The second one has the word "Facsimile" on the back under the left lower "10". I have several of those that I tried to sell on ebay (listed as fakes) with no luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted