Charmy’s Pawn Stars Filming/Las Vegas Show Report w/Lots of Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by The Penny Lady®, Mar 2, 2012.

1. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

Green, RLM, you guys crack me up!!

There were many very interesting and old items for sale at the Pawn Shop that, some of which I remember seeing on their show. I think since their shop is now a popular tv show that people tend to bring them items that are more unique and intriguing with the hopes of being on their show - like me! So in general I don't think most regular pawn shops would have the opportunity to buy the types of items that this particular shop has. So if you get the chance, I highly recommend stopping by their store just to see some of these items.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. koen

koen New Member

as far as i know we dont even have pawn shops here in Belgium.
    To bad actualy, who knows what kind of treasures i could find there

4. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

You're correct on this.

I've worked in pawn shops in the past as a broker and never have any of them had people come in with the high end and valued items that show up in Harrison's shop in Vegas.

It makes for entertaining t.v.

I still can't get over that original 1894 Winchester repeater hasn't sold yet.

5. splintercellsz

splintercellsz CTs Local DJ

Any updates on the whole Pawn Stars thing?

6. The Penny Lady®

No, not yet, but they said they would email me a week before the air date. Also, the new season starts tonight, so I'm guessing that my episode will air sometime this season.

7. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Here's hoping.

8. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

9. dannic113

dannic113 Member

Like the 2001 patriots super bowl ring???lol. It's real worth is something like 28K Rick was asking like $39K someone offered him that so now the price sits at $61K simply because he doesn't really want to sell it.

10. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

It's my understanding that they audition items for the show episodes kind of like an antiques roadshow. At least they advertised in the local paper for one awhile back. I suggest going in mid week, if you wanna check it out because the lines get pretty long. The TV show has made it quite the tourist attraction. I did make a purchase for a friend back east. Got him a Chumley shotglass. We were told that the guys don;t go into the store anymore unless there is filming.

I think it's amazing how the show took off, although I no longer watch it myself. But the spin offs of the American Restoration. I think we might even get one of the car restoration eventually ? You gotta wonder.

11. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Charmy Harker, Coin Dealer Extraordinaire, Coin Collector of Rare Copper Coins, Mother, Wife and TV Personality!

I can hardly wait to see your episode!

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

and don't forget a very, very nice lady!

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Indeed she is........:)

14. tristen1230

tristen1230 New Member

Any more updates?

15. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

Charmy gets to do the coolest stuff.
    We are watching for your on the show

16. BUncirculated

I think she was on last night.

It looked like her anyway, selling a pair of coconut cups from Gilligan's Island?

17. The Penny Lady®

LOL!!! Sorry, no it wasn't me. Though I do have some coconut cups, I don't think they're from Gilligan's Island!

My episode hasn't aired yet, and I haven't been notified yet of when it will air. I will be sure to post when I find out.

18. BUncirculated

Wow! You have a twin then. lol

19. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

I thought you were the women selling the currency notes! What item were you selling? If you cant say exactly, can you give us a generic category?

20. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

I remember reading here or maybe another forum, its nothing to do with coins/currency, its a military piece i think? Some kind of scope I think?

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Recon camera.......

Draft saved Draft deleted