Charmy’s Pawn Stars Filming/Las Vegas Show Report w/Lots of Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by The Penny Lady®, Mar 2, 2012.

1. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Hey Charmy ! Your experience was sure a lot better than the unannounced one I made a few months back. I was told that none of the proprietors even come in any longer. Of course I did mention it looked like a TV set, so I guess they do com in for filming ?

My son and I will be there tomorrow afternoon. I have a coin to show off.

Glad you won ! It's always nice to leave with more than you went in with. Or so I have heard, lol.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Hey! That Coleguy guy? I thought he was younger.........

Sorry Guy. Devil made me do it........:devil:

4. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

5. green18

Dat ol' fool? :)

[chuckles to himself as he feels that Frank will never read this thread........unless somebody clues him in]

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You've never seen a refrigerator before? :)

7. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Then can you tell me what the bellows with a megaphone on it is?

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Frankly it looks like an alarm or warning device. You have a double bellows there attached to the horn. There is a foot pedal on the upper one. Pushing down on that would blow air through the horn making on tone and at the same time inflating the lower bellows. While the upper bellows re-expands filling with air, the spring below the lower bellows pushes the air out of it and through the horn making a second tone. Then the cycle repeats when you press the foot pedal again.

9. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

per a forum member on CU, "it's a foot-operated fog horn. If someone were to operate the foot pedal with their hands, the horn would blast them in the face. Likely [the horn] swivels
    around for proper use."

10. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I can see that the union allows it horn to rotate. When I look up "foot operated fog horn", I get http://www.prices4antiques.com/naut...be-Gorman-Foot-Bellows-Brass-Horn-B153959.htm. So, yes, they are correct.

11. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

Hey Charmy, I have been enjoying your posts ever since I joined CoinTalk. I can't wait to see you on Pawn Stars! That is a Monday-Night tradition here at my house.

Also, maybe you can shed some light on this: How did you get someone to reply to your e-mail to the Pawn Shop? I never get ANYONE to answer an e-mail OR a phone call. It is bloody ridiculous.

12. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

I enjoy the 4/8 L tables from time to time because it is a friendly game. Sometimes you get a lot of egos around the 2/5 games. Looking forward to watching your episode.

13. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Wow....Charmy on Pawn Stars! VERY COOL! I watch it all the time, I can't wait to see you on the show.

14. The Penny Lady®

Kanderus, per the guidelines listed on their website, I sent them photos of the item I had for sale and provided the details they requested. They then phoned me about a week later and told me they were very interested in filming my item for one of their episodes. So to answer your question, I suppose they responded to me because the item I had for sale was something they thought would be of interest to their viewers.

So, I just returned home from the show. Between the Pawn Stars filming, the PCGS show at the Venician, the LVNS show at Palace Station, the late nights playing poker and other gambling (and eating/drinking), then the long drive home - I'm exhausted but what a great time I had! I thoroughly enjoyed my Pawn Stars experience, I bought some nice coins at the PCGS show, and sold a decent amount of coins, including my 1877 NGC MS65 RB, at the Palace Station show. The show was quite busy on Saturday, then pretty slow on Sunday which is usual, but overall it was very successful for me. The other dealers said that wholesale was booming but retail was slow for them as well.

As I mentioned earlier, the LVNS is putting on a second show in September, so I look forward to returning for another fun/successful Vegas show then!

15. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Wah ! I got to the Palace Station about 11 this morning. Missed Charmy. Guess about half the guys wanted to go home early ? I didn't sell or buy anything although my son picked up some proofs he's been wanting and some supplies. I took some things, but truthfully, it was already seeming to be shutting down, so I didn't even try to see what was up for trade.
    Too bad it was a one day show for the most part. But there is another one in two weeks at the Rio. It is smaller but possibly better because there will be more occupied tables.............I hope. lol

Oh well, back to eBay...............

16. The Penny Lady®

Gary, it was not really a "one day show" - set up for the dealers was Thursday, then the show was open to the public all day Friday and Saturday, then half of Sunday. I'm sorry I missed you but with the 4-hour drive home and not much retail on Sundays, I was anxious to get on the road so I left the show early. Perhaps I'll see you in September....

17. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Uhhhm - the Lettermen!

18. green18

[video=youtube;wKyYHdL90Wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKyYHdL90Wc&feature=related[/video]

19. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I did not realize there were so many versions. The one I remember was by the Lettermen, but I also have the Happenings. However, per YouTube, the original was by the Tempos. And there are numerous others listed.

20. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

gotta love youtube

21. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I'd say I came pretty close with my description.

Draft saved Draft deleted