Cant make heads or tails of this coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Reefman, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Reefman

Reefman Junior Member

I can't make heads or tails of this coin , litterally!?! Here it is ! Now some have suggested that maybe it is half of a magicians coin or even maybe a decortive piece mounted on a plack ! Should I just take this to a coin dealer and have him hand inspect this?!?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Wish the pictures were larger, but I do not think it is a coin at all. Just my opinion and it never hurts to go to a local shop for verification. I have no clue what it could be.

4. While I am certainly not very knowledgeable in the series of Morgans, I can say I've never seen one with THAT high a relief before...(I have two, and have seen pictures of many, but that's not anywhere near the qualifications of an expert) and that also appears to be copper/bronze...unless that is some mighty uniform toning...I wonder if it is a game piece of some sort? Meaning a board game, not a gambling game...

5. Reefman

Reefman Junior Member

I almost dont want the mystery solved at this point :). Im afraid the discussion will outweigh the actual final answer , although I will go get this checked and will sure post about my findings.

Draft saved Draft deleted