Canadian 25 Cent Bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Rob Foster, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Junior Member

I've got this 25 cent bill from my father's old collection, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it beyond the regular information that one finds in the text... are they common? Would this one be of any value? Compared to other similarly aged bills, does this appear to be in decent shape? Is the 01/02/1900 printing date of any consequence? It's currently in a plastic sleeve of sorts - a reasonably firm one, is there a better way to store 100 year old paper money? Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Skylark

Skylark Senior Member

Nice note
    A Boville is worth about $10 in VG. Dont ask me to grade it though.

4. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Rob,the Canadian 25c. notes are commonly known as 'Shinplasters' because of their small size.Yes,these are the most common of the Dominion of Canada's banknote issues (1867-1935).I waited years until a dealer from Canada sent me 2 nice ones - a 1900 one,& a 1923.The 1900 ones often turn up over here in New Zealand,but they are usually really rough,& some dealers want too much for them.

Aidan.

5. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Junior Member

Thanks for the info everyone.

I'd like to add that I was in Wellington last month and saw much of the north Island - what a beautiful country you have there!

6. bromac4

bromac4 Senior Member

I would grade the note as G or perhaps VG making worth between $6.00 and $8.00 CDN. The T.C. Boville signed notes were produced from 1906 to 1920 and are the most common of the series.

Bill

Draft saved Draft deleted