Bullion Speculation Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JCB1983, Feb 18, 2012.

1. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Yup, like I said previously, the .25 cent closes the gaps pretty quickly. You can still put down a number but it's likely going to be unrealistic to what the price will be by March 18th or so.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

$108.11

Didn't want to look thru every post and have to keep changing my guess. So if that is too close to another then ill just go with $97.99

4. pballer225

pballer225 Member

just mentioning you have a few out of order, cookiemonster's should be moved down a few :)
    cookiemonster12 $102.50
    JRM43 $101.84
    Rodeoclown $102.10
    MercuryDimes $102.22 (please edit)
    Dennis68 $102.75

5. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

Nvm just saw the big list. Cancel both of my guesses. No where else to guess that's reasonable

6. Jon4485

Jon4485 Junior Member

wow i was positive i hadn't been near someone else's guess but i'll change to $101.11

7. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Ok guys, so everything didn't go down like clockwork. I am going to lock in these estimates and we are going to roll with what we have. Sorry for anyone that was excluded, or for some of you that didn't get the full 25 cent spread. I've been getting too many PM's about changing the rules, so the ones that should have been edited will just remain as is. Good luck everyone. No more guesses/estimations please. Dave your fine.

8. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

WOW JCB if you expect us to take your hundred dollars of coins, your going to have to make it easier on us!! who wants to be bothered with multiples of .25? :rolleyes:

9. CoinCast

CoinCast Member

If my guess is anywhere close I am going to need this as a consolation because my collection will be worthless :confused:

10. crowbaby

crowbaby Member

11. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

Thanks!

12. VNeal

VNeal Member

13. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Vneal, somebody already guessed 105.91. Try again.

14. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

$115.75 is my guesstimate ! But I truly hope it is higher.............much higher. lol

Thanks for the contest,

gary

15. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

16. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

17. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

$116.25

According to Coinflation's silver calculator, silver will need to be $37.43 / troy oz. Definitely possible!

18. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

Am I wrong or did JCB say he closed submissions yesterday??

19. krispy

krispy krispy

And just like I countered earlier too, that the sooner one places a guess the better chance they have of being in the contest with a better chance to win. Those who may have conspired to wait closer to the 25th have probably lost their chance at a likely winning spread. First come first served on who gets to place a guess on which price range and the rest are narrowed down until all contestants are defined withing the set ranges. The contest isn't flawed in the least, it's just the way it was designed. There was no guarantee that everyone who wanted in could or would get in with a reasonable opportunity. The same could be true if there was only one-cent difference, just a lot more people involved, and a lot more would be loosing guesses in the game because it would be that much harder to hit the figure exactly. I really don't get all the belly aching about the way this generous contest was set up nor why it seems acceptable to ask that rules be altered for something that works just fine, if not for a few careless participants not following the rules with their guesses overlapping other previous guesses spreads.

Good luck to all who got a chance in the ranges close to what the price may end up being and thanks Jason for offering many contestants a fair and equal chance in your contest.

20. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

$120 even.

Thanks for the contest.

21. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

$109.29

Thanks for the contest Jason, you da man!!

Draft saved Draft deleted