beginners luck newbie here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by coinling, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

COIN LING ~ DING DONG A LING LING ~~Tweet...LING ~~ KULILING~``COINLING~~ MADE IN CHINA ~~ MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR~ VERY CHEAP~~ What do you expect?

FA.....KE......
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. GreatWalrus

GreatWalrus WHEREZ MAH BUKKIT

Try sliding a magnet down it. Does it slide slowly?

Try weighing it. Does it weigh near 26.73 grams?

Try measuring it. Does it measure near 38.1mm?
  4. coinling

coinling New Member

The coin is not fake. Your knowledge base needs an upgrade. You should start here.
    “But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort." Luke 6:23-25"But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind," Luke 14:12-14
    "Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." Proverbs 17:4-6
    "Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God." Proverbs 14:30-32
  5. splintercellsz

splintercellsz CTs Local DJ

Dude, just give up. You make no sense what-so-ever. Spam-bot much? I think so.
  6. coinling

coinling New Member

Good questions! It, and all the other Morgan Dollars that I have, do not respond to a powerful magnet. They all measure 1.496" (c. 38mm) and weigh 24 gms. You are the only one to ask about the coin w/out ridiculing me first. It is genuine! Thank you!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  7. splintercellsz

splintercellsz CTs Local DJ

8. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Yeah, 24 grams is too light. Fake coins.
  9. coinling

coinling New Member

Making no sense is a requirement for mindless auto racing ... congrats!! Here are JPEG's of the coin 'forced onto the witness stand'. (It weighs 24 grams, like all my other Morgan Dollars; measures 38mm in diameter and has a silver content greater than 90%). Thanks for your considerate input.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  10. rickmp

rickmp USDA PRIME Supporter

Peter Boyle did not play Frankenstein! Gene Wilder played Frankenstein. Boyle was Frankenstein's monster.

Now you can lock the thread!
  11. lupinus911

lupinus911 New Member

Ever occur to you that maybe your other morgans are fake?

:O
  12. coinling

coinling New Member

I have Irish heritage and a lot of 'other' nationalities. Why do you ask?
  13. coinling

coinling New Member

yes, but nobody on this wacko site has offered me (a newbie) any link to get them tested ... most seem to act rather like old wild west lynch mob loonies with about the same amount of intelligence.
  14. cmilladoo

cmilladoo Keepin it Real

It also makes breakfast for me!
  15. Sully

Sully New Member

Morgans weigh 26.73 grams. So all your other morgans are fake as well? Did you buy all them in China as well Ling?

16. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

RED X Twice on your post 2 picture...WHY? Large size maybe..
  17. lupinus911

lupinus911 New Member

Wait, silver content is GREATER than 90%? LOL.
  18. coinling

coinling New Member

Yes, I bought them all from China. Okay, I've been taken for a few bucks! They all weigh 24 grams. My Sunday is ruined! Maybe another car accident?
  19. cmilladoo

cmilladoo Keepin it Real

I am confused at your change in tact....did you really get burned on a bunch of coins from china that you thought were real? If so, i feel bad for you because when i first started collecting coins i wasn't informed about the rampant market in china for fake coins and i almost bought one on ebay before a friend warned me not to......on the other hand you seem to be on here just to rile people up or to cure your sunday boredom.....hmmmm.....either way don't buy coins from china and if something seems too good to be true like a CC Morgan for thirty bucks, maybe it is best to just leave it be.
  20. coinling

coinling New Member

I haven't changed my 'tack'. I VERY recently (Sat. the 17th) signed onto 'cointalk' because I just recently started collecting coins. My intention was not to 'rile' any of these superior 'coin collectors' but to find out about 'my' collection. I have been crushed by their responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And yes, I have likely been burned by my purchases from China (unless I can't demonstrate a loss of c. 2 gms on a Morgan Silver Dollar due to circulation wear) ... but I'm not sure which burn hurts the most ... the $150.52 from the China sellers or the 'cointalk' inconsiderate rabid bloggers. I have bought many 'Swiss' coins from China, like several 'Hans Landwing, rettet das panner bei arbedo' and others. Are they all fake too? Unfortunately I don't have any 'friends' that advised me to 'back off' from China coins.
  21. cmilladoo

cmilladoo Keepin it Real

U answered my question quite nicely, thanks......you are edited with nothing better to do than make up stories....i too am a new collector and have found the people on this site to be quite friendly and helpful on all occasions.....also i haven't seen anyone acting superior to you or talking down to you in any way so that burn you are talking about is probably some kind of rash or disease....maybe you can try trolling a pharma website or something to get some help with that. Good day sir.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.