Baseball HOF shipped

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rickmp, Apr 7, 2014.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

My Gold Proof, Silver Proof and both Half Dollars were shipped today.
    Gold Unc and Sliver Unc are still back ordered.

The Silver Unc is expected to ship on 4/3/14. (we really need a sarcasm emoticon)
    The Gold Unc is expected to ship on 6/1/14,

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Presently awaiting the UPS truck with my gold and silver uncircs as we speak. :pApparently they shipped Friday although my tracking didn't show them as shipped till this morning.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Shipping dates being erratic, it looks like the only early release labels for a complete set will be on the ones sold and graded at the show. HSN gets the money makers and everyone else gets the shaft. I wonder what HSN paid the mint for that sweet deal?

5. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Yep, the people get the leftovers, as the government caters to the big guys, the corporations. Why else would the order limits be set so high? If the limits were lower, they could still be circumvented, but at least the shipping would be spread out, rather than the entire available inventory going to a few big orders that somehow, always seem to be the first in line.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  6. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Well I though I was getting my gold today. All that showed up was the silver dollars. Not complaining though, they're cool as heck.
    My gold looks like it shipped today. So, tomorrow or Wednesday.

7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

My clad proofs shipped yesterday and will take about a week before it shows at my PO box. Still got 3 more orders to go

8. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

How can you say such things? The Mint just said a couple of months ago (and I quote), "We love our customers!" This was, of course , when they were over-hyping the ridiculous tote bags.

Since they love us, they would never do such things as you say. Unless of course, the world runs not on fossil fuel, but on stercus tauri (stercus from the Latin meaning "manure" and tauri from the Latin meaning "of the bull".) Oh, wait, I forgot.........the world DOES run on stercus tauri.

krispy and green18 like this.
  9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

10. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I just got a bag today. Its crap.

11. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

I don't understand this at all. I am buying 13 proof Silver Dollars for the winning team of a special group of girls in a travel league in my area. I also bought 13 clad proof half dollars for the runner ups.
    Sad thing is. My ship dates are 4/3/14 and 4/6/14 and the still say back ordered.
    I give up. If I do get them some time in June they will go on the bay or returned because basically if HSN and the big boys are getting them now guess us play fair ppl will get pick through coins. JMHO.
    BTW got the silly bag today shipped from Plains IN. by FedEx and stuck into my mailbox by USPS. It's good to see two shippers work together for pennies on the dollar.

jester3681 likes this.
  12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

So far 4 shipments from the Mint 2 for the bags (I cancelled the rest) and 2 shipments for the Half Dollars (1 Each for Proof and Unc.)

13. krispy

krispy krispy

The only way to send a message to the Mint is to vote with your pocketbook... don't order, cancel an order or return it and leave them holding the ... "bag".

And they have the nerve to brand that service, "FedEx SmartPost".

14. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

My shipping dates bounced today. 3/27 orders went from 4/3 to 4/16 :(, 4/8 order went from 7/7 to 4/24 :).

15. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

My proof clad shipped from Plainfield, IN (odd place for a mint to distribute from). My business strike is on backorder until 4/16.

16. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

My big gold order went to in-process and the mint charged my card the full amount

Ask me about holding real physical precious metals in an IRA or HSA plan.

17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Got my clads and the proof silver dollar today. I'm very pleased with the way they look. Usually the clad coins (in general) are dull and lifeless but the convex/concave surfaces seem to breath some life into the issue, especially with the reverse. The laser etching on the mitt contrasts vividly with the limited field area.......

I'd shoot some pics but the blasted SD card went on the camera. Got to take it to the computer geeks over at Best Buys to see if they can recover what's on it. I'm glad I transfered most of my pics off of that card and onto a memory stick back in December..........

18. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

Update alert... My Clad BHOF half dollars UNC's deemed to be shipped on 4/3/14 now still in back ordered status has a new ship date of 6/17/14.
    My new ship date for my Proof BHOF half dollars now as 4/10/14 still in back order status.

So, I guess that date will change to the June or July the Month. If this happens, I will cancel the order and write a sweet letter to our U.S. Mint director asking him how his daughter would feel if they played hard travel league softball and in their senior year. Their coach placed an order for coins 13mins after they went on sale and all of the girls won't get this special coin in time.
    Shame on you U.S. Mint or shame on the idiots that run the freaking barn of coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted